×
Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

More
07 Dec 2014 19:41 #131777 by GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

kirkynut wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote: That might make it easier for people to be able to do it mate. I have a well equipped workshop at the end of my garage but I appreciate not everyone has the luxury.

Kirkynut

I went on a full landing trip last night and all is good. Also been out on some fast roads and even got up to 60 mph :lol: but evidence of wobble or vibration from the wheels.


Is that meant to mean no evidence of death wobble?

Kirkynut

Yes. Sorry should have been a bit clearer. But then the plastic tubing weighs almost nothing.

Marix Puma 215/75/15 MT's|2" lift|ORA radius arm guards|Fixed hubs|Asfir fuel tank guard|JB Tbox guard|K & N filter|ORA winch plate
The topic has been locked.
More
07 Dec 2014 19:42 #131778 by GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote: That might make it easier for people to be able to do it mate. I have a well equipped workshop at the end of my garage but I appreciate not everyone has the luxury.

Kirkynut

I went on a full landing trip last night and all is good. Also been out on some fast roads and even got up to 60 mph :lol: but evidence of wobble or vibration from the wheels.


Is that meant to mean no evidence of death wobble?

Kirkynut

Yes. Sorry should have been a bit clearer. But then the plastic tubing weighs almost nothing.

Even my reply is not clear :pinch: NO DEATH FROM THIS MOD B)

Marix Puma 215/75/15 MT's|2" lift|ORA radius arm guards|Fixed hubs|Asfir fuel tank guard|JB Tbox guard|K & N filter|ORA winch plate
The topic has been locked.
  • Butta
  • Butta's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Dec 2014 20:04 #131782 by Butta
Butta replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

GuardianAngel wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

kirkynut wrote: That might make it easier for people to be able to do it mate. I have a well equipped workshop at the end of my garage but I appreciate not everyone has the luxury.

Kirkynut

I went on a full landing trip last night and all is good. Also been out on some fast roads and even got up to 60 mph :lol: but evidence of wobble or vibration from the wheels.


Is that meant to mean no evidence of death wobble?

Kirkynut

Yes. Sorry should have been a bit clearer. But then the plastic tubing weighs almost nothing.

Even my reply is not clear :pinch: NO DEATH FROM THIS MOD B)

yep no death! I can confirm I am alive too oh and no death wobble either! :lol:
The topic has been locked.
More
07 Dec 2014 23:08 #131797 by kirkynut
kirkynut replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
Looks like it's a good'en then!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=to...tid=8&id=14127#14127
The topic has been locked.
  • Docmartin4x4
  • Docmartin4x4's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Dec 2014 00:32 #131905 by Docmartin4x4
Docmartin4x4 replied the topic: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
I have drilled and tapped the centre of the hub M10 and screwed a bolt in, sealing the thread with loctite, it works a treat. I have done 800 mile since the mod with no side effects and it took me 15 mins to do. just remember to put plenty of grease on the drill and tap if you do the job with hubs in situ to catch cuttings.

Mart
The topic has been locked.
More
10 Dec 2014 21:49 #132029 by kirkynut
kirkynut replied the topic: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

Docmartin4x4 wrote: I have drilled and tapped the centre of the hub M10 and screwed a bolt in, sealing the thread with loctite, it works a treat. I have done 800 mile since the mod with no side effects and it took me 15 mins to do. just remember to put plenty of grease on the drill and tap if you do the job with hubs in situ to catch cuttings.

Mart


Good effort!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=to...tid=8&id=14127#14127
The topic has been locked.
More
15 Dec 2014 20:01 #132413 by helijohn
helijohn replied the topic: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
I keep searching for the flashing light cure so here is the switch cure I did.
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=7&id=51074

When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Dec 2014 09:55 #133507 by GarlixMojo
GarlixMojo replied the topic: Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
Awesome write up Kirkynut. Thanks.

The nuts holding my hubs on don't look like E10 torx, they've got 12 ridges! :unsure:

Can someone tell me what size these are?

I've had a search but can't find if anyone else has already asked so apologies in advance if its already been answered.

Tony :)
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Dec 2014 12:39 #133514 by GarlixMojo
GarlixMojo replied the topic: Re:Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

GarlixMojo wrote: Awesome write up Kirkynut. Thanks.

The nuts holding my hubs on don't look like E10 torx, they've got 12 ridges! :unsure:

Can someone tell me what size these are?

I've had a search but can't find if anyone else has already asked so apologies in advance if its already been answered.

Tony :)

Doh! .. Its just an 8mm metric socket!
Sorry for being so numb :pinch:
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Dec 2014 15:57 #133532 by helijohn
helijohn replied the topic: Re:Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

GarlixMojo wrote: Doh! .. Its just an 8mm metric socket!
Sorry for being so numb :pinch:


Well confused now, talking sockets, torx. Is it an M8 bolt??

When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Dec 2014 17:03 #133543 by GarlixMojo
GarlixMojo replied the topic: Re:Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
This is what I meant.

The topic has been locked.
More
15 Jan 2015 12:27 #135156 by troggy
troggy replied the topic: Re:Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
Can anyone tell me a procedure for checking the vacuum?
I blew down on pipe, going to hub, and got resistance, but the other just blew freely? Is there a seal somewhere in the vacuum hub which has gone??

Sliding down a steep learning curve.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.