BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Grand vitara 2.5 v6 ???

• tim_jimny53
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2016 20:57 #175782 by tim_jimny53
Grand vitara 2.5 v6 ??? was created by tim_jimny53
Hi all , I have decided to get a grand vit as work / daily drive car......will be keeping the Jimny for play and play days . I'm going up to look at a one on Friday.....anybody know if the 2.5 v6 is a good reliable engine ? Is a 2005 year .

Thanks in advance tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukiara
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2016 23:13 #175818 by zukiara
Replied by zukiara on topic Grand vitara 2.5 v6 ???
Ask when or if the timing chain has been replaced as its a lot of money just for the parts, it will go bang with a total loss if it hasn't, the last kit I got was about 500 quid from Suzuki as found the ones advertised on ebay as OE were not and were very soft, put one on my brothers 2.7 XL-7 and it snapped, total loss.
Lovely engine when running right, smooth and powerful, clutches are about 2 to 300 hundred quid as well.
Good luck in your quest

• tim_jimny53
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Dec 2016 16:58 #175826 by tim_jimny53
Replied by tim_jimny53 on topic Grand vitara 2.5 v6 ???
Oh right thanks for that very useful to know , had the clutch and head gasket go on my very unreliable td5 so looking for a more reliable work car eg Suzuki lol

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds