BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Vitara 1.5" lift spacer kits

More
12 Nov 2015 12:55 #156094 by X8GGY
Thanks Russ, and thanks for the PM, that does clear things up... you're going to be making and selling your own, so you thought you'd have a pop at the competition...

I've never done that, I'd rather do positive advertising than negatively having a go at other people's products...

My last word on it, best of luck with your venture...

Dave :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Russ-41
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 13:00 - 12 Nov 2015 13:04 #156095 by Russ-41
Replied by Russ-41 on topic Re:RE: Vitara 1.5" lift spacer kits

Jimny-Dave wrote: Thanks Russ, and thanks for the PM, that does clear things up... you're going to be making and selling your own, so you thought you'd have a pop at the competition...

I've never done that, I'd rather do positive advertising than negatively having a go at other people's products...

My last word on it, best of luck with your venture...

Dave :)

:silly: :silly:

LOL, that is funny :silly:

I'm sure that is how some people operate but I'm open and honest! Nothing I do is ever for profit and everything I've ever designed or released has been under GPL principals - it usually costs me money in time, research and materials.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2015 13:04 by Russ-41.

• suzukisam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 18:28 #156125 by suzukisam
Replied by suzukisam on topic Re:RE: Vitara 1.5" lift spacer kits
Might be butting in but seems russ41 always has a negative pop at other people's things for sale etc . Sure seems to be able to talk the talk on an engineering side of things be good to see some of these words put into action . He even went to the trouble of sending me a pm when I was selling a jimny to argue the costs and what work goes into replacing a headgasket. Why it had anything to do with him is beyond me as he obviously wasn't interested in buying it .but hey some sites are full of people like this . At least we only have the one

• Russ-41
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 18:33 - 12 Nov 2015 18:38 #156127 by Russ-41
Yeah, I like to try and protect people from getting ripped off - so shoot me!

A spades a spade, and I tell it how it is, I won't be blowing smoke up the arseholes of others and care little about relationships since I'm not money motivated.

I DO contact people privately as you said BEFORE ripping them publicly - like I said, I don't like people getting ripped off, or mislead

As for words in to action, its why I make these threads - the theory isn't something you can question, what more do you want.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2015 18:38 by Russ-41.

• Russ-41
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 18:42 - 12 Nov 2015 18:43 #156129 by Russ-41
And while I'm off one - something that really gets me wound up, is people online giving others bad advice, because they think they're and engineer, or they read it themselves on a forum or believe just because it hasn't obviously smashed or broke something else that it's a 100% sound solution

If everyone jumped off a cliff but survived, it doesn't make it the right decision just because people have done it for 50 years. And when you ask, what about all the broken arms and legs - well that wasn't me jumping off a cliff, that was them there rocks I hit on the way down........ nothing to do with the jump, thats fine
Last edit: 12 Nov 2015 18:43 by Russ-41.

• suzukisam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 18:48 #156131 by suzukisam
I could go on ebay find several cars bikes etc with non genuine parts faults etc etc people saying its a 2004 model but its a 2000 etc the list goes on but as I'm not buying them or have no intention in doing so I don't message them I just leave the potential buyers to do so. Why dont you start paying £ 20 to hpi every jimny that someone puts up for sale on here then putting the full report up for everyone to read so they don't buy a cat c or d etc ? Anyway enough of my time wasted just thought I'd say what I had to say .

• suzukisam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 18:56 #156134 by suzukisam
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it's a forum people share potential faults and fixes that's all doesn't mean there 100% correct there just trying to help by sharing there advice on a similar problem they had . There not engineers or mechanics there just friendly people trying to help others.

• Russ-41
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 19:01 #156135 by Russ-41

suzukisam wrote: there just friendly people trying to help others.

Yeah as am I

• suzukisam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 19:02 #156136 by suzukisam
:sick:

• irishguy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 21:36 #156151 by irishguy123
Replied by irishguy123 on topic Re:RE: Vitara 1.5" lift spacer kits

Russ-41 wrote: And while I'm off one - something that really gets me wound up, is people online giving others bad advice, because they think they're and engineer, or they read it themselves on a forum or believe just because it hasn't obviously smashed or broke something else that it's a 100% sound solution

So only those people with a BEng can give others advice? I guess the forum's gonna get a little quiet then! :laugh:

• Russ-41
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2015 22:27 #156153 by Russ-41
I'm just blowing off some steam, job done, I did say it was a rant, and a pretty good one looking back now.

The purpose of this thread was to highlight to others that the low end lift kits could use some refinement (ok I got a bit carried away, stepped on some toes etc.) If the intention is to leave them as is, because the front ends sit low anyway - fair enough, but that still leaves the strut sitting to high, which is actually probably beneficial as it will work closer to its top out position and thus have more travel till it bottoms out - I could say this is shear blind luck but the fact is the kits been developed by Dave from experience and he already knows going beyond that 38mm tops the suspension out

I still think it could be improved upon or fine tuned - to get a better product, the whole reason we buy this kit is to make improvements, so why not work together, to improve the improvements.

Yeah I'm all doom gloom all over people's threads and stuff, I'm a real ass like that, but I'm good at it.

More
13 Nov 2015 10:24 - 13 Nov 2015 10:29 #156175 by Rhinoman

Russ-41 wrote: he already knows going beyond that 38mm tops the suspension out

That's what strut spacers are for. Anyone who fits spacers without longer shocks and strut spacers is going to struggle off road because the lack of down travel will allow the wheels to lift very easily when the vehicle tilts.
I fitted my first lift kit 15 years ago, there were no strut spacers supplied, I took it out to Broxhead Common and spent the day getting stuck everywhere. I made my own strut spacers as there were none available in those days.

Rhinoman BEng (Hons)

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2015 10:29 by Rhinoman.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds