BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Kinetic Yellow Jimny

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
16 Jul 2019 21:31 - 16 Jul 2019 21:33 #211148 by AJ
New Kinetic Yellow Jimny was created by AJ
I received an unexpected phone call from my dealer yesterday with some good news. He had a cancelled order for a Kinetic Yellow SZ5 and as I was top of the waiting list would I like first refusal, I said yes of course. I asked when it may arrive and he replied its already here. I quickly arranged to go down and have a look. Loved it when I first saw it even though its still wrapped in its protective covers from its journey here from Japan. I explained that I had never had the chance to drive one so I was taken for a good test drive along many different types of road, I already knew I was going to say I wanted it and that test drive just sealed the deal. A deal to part exchange my present car was done and a deposit was paid, now I just have to wait for a collection date which may be in a week or so as the cancelled order did have a considerable number of options with it, pushing the price up considerably but as it was my first choice of colour and they don't know when the next ones may arrive it was not a difficult decision to say I really wanted the car. Anyway a picture below of her still in her wrapping from the journey, more will follow when I take delivery.

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jul 2019 21:33 by AJ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2019 21:54 #211149 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Best colour by a country mile and no-one can seriously claim "Sorry mate I didn't see you coming"!

After 6000 miles of driving across England and Scotland I have never seen another Kinetic Yellow Jimny.

Just be very aware that you will never be able to drive or park anywhere without someone saying "I saw your car last Wednesday outside XYZ".
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
16 Jul 2019 22:22 - 16 Jul 2019 22:30 #211155 by AJ
Replied by AJ on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny

Bob1050 wrote: Best colour by a country mile and no-one can seriously claim "Sorry mate I didn't see you coming"!

I agree it's the best colour and even better in real life, I'm certainly not going to loose it in a car park.

Bob1050 wrote: After 6000 miles of driving across England and Scotland I have never seen another Kinetic Yellow Jimny.

The only gen4 Jimny I have seen on the road round these parts is a very smart looking black one, that would have been my second choice of colour. My dealer did have another Kinetic Yellow one in when I went to see mine today but that one was also sold.

Bob1050 wrote: Just be very aware that you will never be able to drive or park anywhere without someone saying "I saw your car last Wednesday outside XYZ".

I already get that a bit with my present car but as you say I think its going to be a much more common occurrence once I start using her. I think mine will stand out even more with the optional extras that will be coming with mine, I'm not 100% sure what they all are yet but know that they cost the best part of 2K, think one is the Urban Design Pack but unsure what else I have paid for at this stage!
Last edit: 16 Jul 2019 22:30 by AJ.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2019 22:43 #211156 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Awesome news, happy for ya buddy!

Nothing beats that magical phone call. I remember it very well.

Disagree on one thing though ...... Grellow is the second best, blue is first. :laugh: :cheer: ;) :P ;) So .... naa na na nanaaa. :)

Jokin aside, super congrats. Be interesting to find out what them accessories are though hay.

All the best.

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
16 Jul 2019 23:19 #211157 by AJ
Thanks Andy, much appreciated. I do love the blue colour too especially they way it seems to refract the light in different shades depending on the angle the light, very cool effect.
With regards the accessories I shouldn't have too long to wait to find exactly what is included, exciting times!
Will need to order some things for it, underseal being one of the first along with a steering wheel lock type thingy.
I have to be honest that the waiting isn't going to be easy, I need to find lots of things to keep me occupied other than watching videos of Jimmy's on utube.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
16 Jul 2019 23:39 #211158 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Well done on getting one!

Interested to hear more about the options...seems like the number 1 'trick' (scam) being done by the Suzuki dealers across the country at the moment given a lack of Jimny stock to sell is to earn their profit mark-up by adding lots of options and giving the customer the ultimatum of take it or leave it. Perhaps that's why the first person didn't take your car? Very very few buyers have actually speced their cars up massively through 'choice' to deliberately pay thousands more. Depending on where you are you may find you get some spacial (non-suzuki) leather seats at £1400,which one dealer likes to add to their cars...

Other standard options added are £400 silver plate at the front, the two silver side step plates at £450, £250 for the changed 'suzuki' front grill, £100 for two bits of plastic on the lower doors, £150 for mud flaps, £100 for mats, £50 for wind deflectors, £200 for a wheel cover, etc, etc. Most of which the majority of people don't want/need.

I should add that I was the opposite though...as an early one (before the dealers got going with this adding on of options by default) mine wouldn't order extras until the car arrived, by which time my main item was in back order...so I never actually got it!!

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
17 Jul 2019 01:50 #211160 by AJ
Hi ZT260, I saw the leather seats in a post in these forums a while back and fortunately, I'm pleased to say mine doesn't have those, I'm not keen on leather type seats in hot or cold weather. The other extras you mention in your second paragraph include many of the ones that i think are coming with my Jimny. I'm sure in my case that this was a cancelled order as my salesman didn't know himself what accessories were included in total. The cancelled order wasn't his customer and he did his best to find out what exactly was included. I'm sure I'll be getting the Urban Design Pack which includes some of the items you list plus mudflaps, mats or carpets, a spare wheel cover and some side protection strips. I can't remember if that is everything or not that was mentioned to be honest.
Other than the side protection strips, the mudflaps and the alternative grill I don't think I would have ordered any of the other extras if I had a choice. On the bright side my good lady does like the other add ons and is very pleased that they are going to be fitted so not all is in vain. I would have ordered a towbar and reversing camera myself but they will now have to wait for a while to allow finances to improve after this initial outlay.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Jul 2019 05:25 #211165 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Welcome to the forum. I'm a little confused about the options thing. You are buying the car. The options are dealer fitted, but not yet on the car. If they want the sale you can select the options you want and decline the others. Ok I get it if you want all the options but I wouldn't be paying for stuff I didn't want. Nice colour though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 08:25 #211171 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
^ That.

As they're not on the car when it arrived from Suzuki, I'm struggling to see why you should have to pay for them.

My dealer tried to put that G3 treatment stuff on mine without telling me. No way I was paying for that.

More
17 Jul 2019 09:55 #211177 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Agree with Lambert, I could understand you having to pay for already fitted options, but you shouldn't have to pay for ones you don't want if the dealer hasn't installed them yet!

Lovely looking car, although obviously you're all mistaken and neither grello or blue are the best colour #beige4life :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640, AJ

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
17 Jul 2019 12:46 #211187 by AJ
Hi Lambert, Alexk and Gadget, the offer I was made regarding the extras was the deal, what had happened was the person that had ordered the Jimny had pulled out at the last minute and the car and accessories had arrived at that point. The dealer was only prepared to sell it as a lot and they made that quite clear to me before I even went to have a look at the car. They may be getting one more Jimny this year but are not sure and didn't want to be stuck with the accessories in their storeroom until they could find a buyer for them. I didn't want to give the wrong impression, the dealer was above board from the start with me, if I didn't have this car the next in a spec I wanted would mean waiting until next year sometime! I was offered the paint treatment and a couple of other 'essentials' and they were quite happy when I declined to have them added. I'm just happy to be getting a new Jimny after nearly a years wait!

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2019 14:25 - 17 Jul 2019 14:27 #211191 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Kinetic Yellow Jimny
Unless the accessories are things you feel you could use yourself, have you thought about suggesting they don't fit them, just supply them loose, leaving you free to sell them on if you wanted?

Edit: Welcome to the Grello Club, by the way. B)
Last edit: 17 Jul 2019 14:27 by AlexK.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds