BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2019 13:40 #210612 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
Congrats on getting hold of the lovely "Chalky".

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. No drive in my "Pandy" is a dull occastion. On the contrary.......it feels very speacial and always maķes me feel warm inside.

I honestly feel that this car will be with me until its wheels fall off and engine diea of old age. No joke..... thats how i see things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2019 14:22 #210766 by OctaneJimny
Had a busy this weekend so not had chance to do much. Got the front muddies on which are also from a Subaru WRX that have been modified. Fitted some none Suzuki wind deflectors which don't sit on the paintwork and gave the mattress a trial run for camping. My god its so much more comfortable than a gen3 as there is no step between the front and rear sears and its completely flat. Looking forward to a camping trip up to the lake district or out in the peak district which I'm local to if anyone fancied a beer!

Got the Mrs making some blinds for all the windows which I shall share with you all when completed. £38 all material cost which is a tad better than the posh ones I've seen,

Andy2640- Yes I totally agree, Its a flippin' ace car with so character, I really cant see I will want to get rid of mine ever. Its a proper smile machine,

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
Attachments:

More
08 Jul 2019 20:13 #210776 by Soeley
Looking good, what do you think of the wind deflectors? I think they work really well.

More
09 Jul 2019 07:04 #210786 by OctaneJimny
The wind deflectors are great. They have definitely cut the noise down a bit. I did find inside the car with the windows down a bit buffity (if that's a word) and they have considerably reduced that. I did like the little plastic tool to get the rubbers pulled out for fitting the clips. That was a swine on one of my previous cars. All in all. Not bad for the price. I've had better, they could be worse. 7.5 out of 10.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jul 2019 09:23 #210824 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
Looking good. Hopefully the wait was worth it. I know mine was. I see you have the non Suzuki wind deflectors.... I have those too but cannot get the stupid metal clips to stay put. I have made sure they are under the seal but for whatever reason they dont want to play.

I am going to get some M3 double sided tape and fit the deflectors that way. I had some on my Juke fitted that way and never had an issue. I have some fitted to my T5 campervan too. Never an issue.

Unless you have any tips as to how the metal clips fit????

Anyway. Carry on enjoying the Jimny.

More
10 Jul 2019 11:23 #210830 by Soeley
I had no trouble fitting the clips along the top edge and the angle downwards, but t they won't stay in place on the short leading edge vertical as the deflector doesn't have enough of a lip to go fully into the seal area. I have not had any problems with them like this though and no movement.

More
10 Jul 2019 12:10 #210833 by OctaneJimny
Thanks Aj4x4, Yes it was definitely worth the wait which really pains me to say! I hope all is well with yours.

I must admit the i don't have any clips in the vertical section the same as Soeley. I have them across the top, down the angle towards the front and one in the vertical part to the rear (rear being behind you if you are sat in the drivers seat) I have given them a tug and a good few miles driven they are not going anywhere. In my previous car they did have a strip on M3 tape on them when I bought them so I cant see that being a problem whatsoever.

Appearance wise I'm loving them, Really keeps the nice shape of the window flowing unlike the Suzuki ones.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jul 2019 15:25 #210841 by Andy2640
Im a bit late, but congrats on the desert camo jimny!!

Its a corker.

More
10 Jul 2019 17:03 #210845 by OctaneJimny
Thank you very much!

On the theme of desert camo, I have had several friends say that its an ideal colour wrapping in a proper camo..... Not a fan myself.

I have designed a retro 70's style livery that I have had a quote of £200 for the work. Just though Id run it past the forum to see if it's a "wow that looks cool and retro" or "What are you doing you complete plonker". Either way It would be nice to get your opinions.

Attachments:

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 08:27 #210877 by Andy2640
Hya OJ,

It reminds me of something but i cant put my finger on it. I like it! I was thinking of getting some decals made too.

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 08:37 #210880 by GeordieJimny
Replied by GeordieJimny on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
Love that design. Super retro cool man.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 19:19 #210909 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic OctaneJimny's SZ5 Chiffon Ivory manual.
That looks epic. Very retro. I say do it mate. I am toying with having the bonnet wrapped black to match the roof. Then from the B pillar back, from roof to the swage line and round the rear door. I think it would look like a soft top from a distance. Thoughts?

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds