BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Facade's blue Gen4

More
19 May 2019 12:49 #208352 by facade
Facade's blue Gen4 was created by facade
Well I got it yesterday :woohoo:
Towbar han't come, wind deflectors havent cone, spare wheel cover hasn't come........

But I have the car!!

First impressions:

It is much quieter than the old one
not a trace of Jimny shimny B)
goes a bit better
seems well put together, even the tyres are on properly (or they marked them after they were fitted like Rover would have ;) )

There is a lack of oddment space, the shiny plastic seat backs in the rear are not as good as the carpet in the gen3, you can't fold the seats down to make a level floor without completely removing the headrests, not pushing them down like the handbook says.

The oddment box above the tooltray is a pain, it removes the luggage lip, so even if you did get the shopping behind the seats, it would cascade out onto the floor when you open the back door.

Other than that, it seems the same as the old one as regards driving handling and ride, except 18 years less tired.

Oh and DAB radio is the lame duck I expected, dropping the station as soon as I leave my street, but luckily it still has FM.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2019 13:52 #208361 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic Facade's blue Gen4

facade wrote: Well I got it yesterday :woohoo:
Towbar han't come, wind deflectors havent cone, spare wheel cover hasn't come........

But I have the car!!

First impressions:

It is much quieter than the old one
not a trace of Jimny shimny B)
goes a bit better
seems well put together, even the tyres are on properly (or they marked them after they were fitted like Rover would have ;) )

There is a lack of oddment space, the shiny plastic seat backs in the rear are not as good as the carpet in the gen3, you can't fold the seats down to make a level floor without completely removing the headrests, not pushing them down like the handbook says.

The oddment box above the tooltray is a pain, it removes the luggage lip, so even if you did get the shopping behind the seats, it would cascade out onto the floor when you open the back door.

Other than that, it seems the same as the old one as regards driving handling and ride, except 18 years less tired.

Oh and DAB radio is the lame duck I expected, dropping the station as soon as I leave my street, but luckily it still has FM.

Congratulations on the the new Jeep (Andy has a lot to answer for), car.

My headrests were dispatched to the loft. I doubt that the rear seats will ever be used.

Likewise, the DAB has been made redundant, now that I have managed to link my 'phone.

Fingers crossed that you continue to enjoy it.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 14:03 #208363 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Facade's blue Gen4
There goes mine and Ash's exclusivity ;-) Nice.......ermm......car :-)

Congrats, its bootiful!

More
19 May 2019 14:43 #208366 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Looks lovely! Agree with all your comments. My headrests are stored in the garage and yep, DAB reception is shocking. Our Astra never drops the DAB signal around here, but the Jimny loses it all the time.

More
19 May 2019 14:44 #208367 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Facade's blue Gen4

Andy2640 wrote: There goes mine and Ash's exclusivity ;-) Nice.......ermm......car :-)

Congrats, its bootiful!

Though seems like everyone's has a few minor things done to them to make each one unique! This Blue Jimny has a bit of carbon action and tinted lens.

More
19 May 2019 17:21 #208388 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Thanks guys,

I was thinking of getting some stickers made up, but ジムニー doesn't look as good as 武士 or even 侍 would have.

I might have a go at filling in the fake scuttle vents with black vinyl, and maybe get the airfix paint out to the Ss on the hubs just to make it a bit different ( from the hundreds of others on the roads :laugh: )

The black seats have done a good job of cleaning off the dog hairs I didn't notice were stuck to my shirt as well, the gen3 grey pattern never showed them up like this black does...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
19 May 2019 19:11 #208399 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Very Nice, congratulations on taking delivery B)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 19:26 #208413 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Nice....... :)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 May 2019 20:00 #208431 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Excellent. Glad you are enjoying it!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 21:14 #208441 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Facade's blue Gen4
Blimey..... some people are never happy.... lol. At least you have a car!!! Sorey. I am a bit bitter as not only am I STILL waiting..... 9 months and counting... for mine, but also some scum bags broke into my garage on Wednesday night and stole 3 of my motorcycles. Hope their balls rot.

Anyway. Back to the subject in hand. Lovely car and great colour. So is the DAB really that bad? Where abouts to folk live for it to keep dropping out?

More
19 May 2019 21:16 #208442 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Facade's blue Gen4
DAB also depends on the station you are listening to. Some stations drop out quite badly but Radio 2 and Smooth always seen pretty constant.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds