BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

More
22 May 2019 20:52 #208755 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Looking good Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2019 21:04 #208756 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Thanks Soeley!

More
22 May 2019 21:08 #208757 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Looks great. Tempted to get some wind deflectors myself, although my wife wrinkled her nose when I suggested it. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
22 May 2019 21:32 #208760 by stiffsteve204me

Gadget wrote: Looks great. Tempted to get some wind deflectors myself, although my wife wrinkled her nose when I suggested it. :(

Different type of wind, Gadget. :lol:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2019 06:01 #208768 by Andy2640

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Gadget wrote: Looks great. Tempted to get some wind deflectors myself, although my wife wrinkled her nose when I suggested it. :(

Steve.

You have to placate them with material goods, like a shoe or summit, then buy yourself a goodie. I know, ive been single for well over 18 months now ;-)

More
23 May 2019 06:14 #208770 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Steve.

You have to placate them with material goods, like a shoe or summit, then buy yourself a goodie. I know, ive been single for well over 18 months now ;-)

No wonder you are single, Andy, only buying a girl one shoe. :huh:

No doubt, cheap in the sales, so I get your drift.:laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2019 06:19 #208771 by Andy2640

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Steve.

No wonder you are single, Andy, only buying a girl one shoe. :huh:

No doubt, cheap in the sales, so I get your drift.:laugh:

Steve.

Hhahaa.. It's strategic you see, buy em 1 shoe, keep em guessing when the other is coming. Its an adaptation on "be a little mean.... keep em keen". I'll get me coat .......... :cheer: :whistle:

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2019 07:06 #209218 by Andy2640
Very excited, just waiting for my front and rear speaker brackets from our very own big jimny store. If royal mail do there job right, they may be here today, which is perfect as i got today and friday off at last minute due to staff shift arounds.

I bought some pioneer speakers 13cm, but they are 3 way and not 2. I also am hoping they fit ok. If not ill head over to the local ICE store in Hinckley to get summit more suitable.

From what i can tell, some 3 way speakers may not fit due to the extra little tweeter sat on top. But either way i should get em sorred.

Was about to pull the trigger on a underswat woofer, thats not a bass box, i went thhroufh that stage already and already put out a window with a duel vibe set up in my teens. This just adds some much needed "woof" and not a ear shattering "thud".

Anyways pictures to follow.

More
30 May 2019 08:14 #209224 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Exciting stuff! I reckon the 3 ways should fit fine. Will be interested to hear how they should compared to 2 ways at the October meet! Wishing I'd thought to buy 3 ways now :lol:

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2019 09:33 #209233 by Andy2640

Gadget wrote: Exciting stuff! I reckon the 3 ways should fit fine. Will be interested to hear how they should compared to 2 ways at the October meet! Wishing I'd thought to buy 3 ways now :lol:

Very exciting lol,

I was meaning to ask you Gadget, how much room is left in front and behind the speaker in the front and rear once fitted? Im worried the door facia will touch the top of the tweeter.

Just got back from the ICE store, and he tells me that the top quality hertz speakers would sound amazing, but they have a larger depth to them due to the larger magnet at the rear of the speakers. Worried they wont fi?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2019 12:24 #209248 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
I don't know if you bought the hertz or not but I don't know if you will notice much of a difference from the pioneer speakers without an amp, the hertz ones will take a while to bed in but will get better the more you use them :)

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2019 06:47 #209282 by Andy2640

Daniel30 wrote: I don't know if you bought the hertz or not but I don't know if you will notice much of a difference from the pioneer speakers without an amp, the hertz ones will take a while to bed in but will get better the more you use them :)

Decided against the hertz speakers in the end, Kept the ts-r1350s 3 way pioneers instead.

Posty arrived late yesterday, so didnt get chance to fit em. So today or tomorrow it is.

Pictures and stuff to follow.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds