BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395

More
22 Apr 2019 16:20 #206477 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: That blue is stunning! Simply gorgeous. Great pics ash.

Keep calm, Andy. Not long to wait now. :cheer:

( Collecting mine tomorrow, by the way :laugh: )

Steve.

Hahaa .... I know, i'm counting the days now! 10 to go.

Ohhhhh collecting tomorrow! Someone's excited :-)

I am looking forward to it, Andy,I must say, but I'm too long in the tooth to get excited over a new car.

Since the deal was done, I have noticed how few, yellow/baby poo green cars there are around here.:laugh: Tongues will be wagging in the village, I tell you. :ohmy:

Pics will be forthcoming. :whistle:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2019 16:32 #206479 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395
"You'll be the only Beige in the village" - (In welsh accent). :laugh: ;) (Little Britain)

Any other car, I wouldn't be excited. But this is my first 4x4, so i'm as giddy as a schoolgirl :whistle: :cheer:

I Look forward to your picy's mate.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2019 16:39 #206480 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Re:Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395
Very nice. Blue was my first option. Love the way it changes shade depending on how the light hits it. I cannot count the days before I get mine in Kenetic Grellow as I have re named it, as still no date.... just June/July.

More
22 Apr 2019 17:26 #206488 by stiffsteve204me

Aj4x4 wrote: Very nice. Blue was my first option. Love the way it changes shade depending on how the light hits it. I cannot count the days before I get mine in Kenetic Grellow as I have re named it, as still no date.... just June/July.

Perfect! :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Ash97x
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2019 17:10 #206546 by Ash97x
Replied by Ash97x on topic Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395
Bath time. Currently using Autoglym Polar Blast as a pre-wash and find it the best I’ve used yet.

Unexpected visit to a local garage today as one of the front tyres blipped into low pressure at 20psi. Check of the full tyre came up inconclusive. Mechanic reckoned there was leakage between the rim and alloy, anyone had this experience before/yet? I’m lead to believe it’s pretty common.. something to keep in mind. Tyre now sitting steady at 27psi after being resealed.

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
23 Apr 2019 17:36 #206548 by stiffsteve204me

Ash97x wrote: Bath time. Currently using Autoglym Polar Blast as a pre-wash and find it the best I’ve used yet.

Unexpected visit to a local garage today as one of the front tyres blipped into low pressure at 20psi. Check of the full tyre came up inconclusive. Mechanic reckoned there was leakage between the rim and alloy, anyone had this experience before/yet? I’m lead to believe it’s pretty common.. something to keep in mind. Tyre now sitting steady at 27psi after being resealed.

Ash

Not tried the Polar Blast, Ash. I like the Bilt-Hamber, and I have some Angelwax to try, but the PB is now on my list.

My plan tomorrow, weather permitting, is to give mine a good clean, polish, wax, etc., and get the disgusting shiny, black gunc off the rubber.

Steve.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 02:22 #206564 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395

Ash97x wrote: Bath time. Currently using Autoglym Polar Blast as a pre-wash and find it the best I’ve used yet.

Ash

Perfect timing! Been looking at these foam sprays this week. Defo the way to go, as i would never use a car wash, foreign labour or create swirl marks by my own hand,

I have a jet wash (karsher) so is it just the bottle and foam needed?

More
24 Apr 2019 07:54 #206573 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

Ash

Perfect timing! Been looking at these foam sprays this week. Defo the way to go, as i would never use a car wash, foreign labour or create swirl marks by my own hand,

Get a decent one, Andy.

www.directhoses.net/products/snow-foam-lance

The cheapo ones are rubbish.

You do realise that the snow foam is a pre-wash? It is only designed to lift dirt off before washing with shampoo.

Steve.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 11:00 #206574 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395
Howdy steve,

Yeah i did know that. Minimal input is what i meant. That link looks good, will grab one now.

• Ash97x
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 11:08 #206575 by Ash97x
Replied by Ash97x on topic Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395

stiffsteve204me wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

Ash

Get a decent one, Andy.

www.directhoses.net/products/snow-foam-lance

The cheapo ones are rubbish.

You do realise that the snow foam is a pre-wash? It is only designed to lift dirt off before washing with shampoo.

Steve.

Andy, what he said ^

Steve - the PB is certainly something for your list. Here’s a pic I took immediately after applying it - plenty of foam at a 1:5 product to water ratio. The pic above is after 10 mins soaking.

Hardly had to hand wash the car at all, just the odd bug splat and tough dirt around the fenders. Kinda guessing the resin polish applied a week ago helped with this though.

Ash

More
24 Apr 2019 12:27 #206576 by Bill Portland
i can see that applying a thick layer of foam over a car might be satisfying but does it actually do anything?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 14:40 - 24 Apr 2019 14:42 #206585 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ash's Brisk Blue SZ5 #395
If you add a bit of Citrus pre wash to the foam it works even better ;)

Have a look at clean your ride website Andy does alot of samples, the air fresheners are brilliant had one in my jimny about 3 months now and still going strong :)
Last edit: 24 Apr 2019 14:42 by Daniel30.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds