BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2019 Jimny SZ4

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Apr 2019 09:22 #205520 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic 2019 Jimny SZ4
i'll have to get ruler out and try measure tomorrow. Not sure how accurate that will be, but i'll see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Apr 2019 09:27 #205524 by mikeyw85

TaterTot wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: A very minor update. Changed the three rubber bolts on the dash for some proper metal ones with washer. M8 size for anyone interested.

Also got some P13W LED nights to replace original DRL's, but not fit yet.

Have you considered the difference in impact by these bolts, if in an accident?

Can't see what difference it would make.

They're screwed into a metal thread, so they're clearly there to have something screwed into other than the stock rubber ones. Either way, with just screws and washers, they're recessed.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2019 13:01 #205605 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic 2019 Jimny SZ4

mikeyw85 wrote: i'll have to get ruler out and try measure tomorrow. Not sure how accurate that will be, but i'll see.

Hi Mikey,

I was wondering, what are your tyres like in the wet, and are they loud? Its confusing, because they get an F/F for fuel and wet. But even the KO2's score better than that. I wonder if these ratings relate to the real world, or are just moot ratings.

Out of all the tyres ive seen, these look the best. There called ATM. Is that All terrain mud?

Cheers buddy, sorry for the multipul questions, but as I say, I really like the look of these. Love the white markings too.

Tar.

Andy.

• mikeyw85
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2019 12:22 #205646 by mikeyw85
I haven't driven in the wet much but they've been fine so far. I've half tried to get it to break traction on a roundabout and it didn't at all.

I haven't noticed any extra noise. The engine and transmission make enough noise that tyres are barely audible anyway.

One area where i can tell a difference is with the sidewalls being a lot tougher, the ride is a bit more jittery over poor road surfaces as there's less give in the tyres.

I'm still getting about 35mpg.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2019 14:54 #205655 by Andy2640

mikeyw85 wrote: I haven't driven in the wet much but they've been fine so far. I've half tried to get it to break traction on a roundabout and it didn't at all.

I haven't noticed any extra noise. The engine and transmission make enough noise that tyres are barely audible anyway.

One area where i can tell a difference is with the sidewalls being a lot tougher, the ride is a bit more jittery over poor road surfaces as there's less give in the tyres.

That sounds good. Ive been mulling over this tyre thing for a while now. And finally ive settled on these. They look great.

Now just trying to figure out if the white lettering will go with a blue jimny.

Anyways, cheers Mikey

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2019 20:32 #205678 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote: Andy, instead of dreaming about tyres and white lettering, etc, the time is fast approaching for the new car! Put some effort into finding Insurance, a decent plate, where to garage it, all the practical and real things that happen in a rush when it arrives. Its like a new baby, 40 weeks from ordering to delivery! I feel like a parent.

Hahaaa!! I do like you George :-)

I'm 34 years old. In that time ive been a very naughty boy, but now I am a man in all but my boyish good looks (or so my mommy says)
I have earned the right to dream.

However.....i'll go look at some insurance quotes now.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Apr 2019 10:17 #205691 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic 2019 Jimny SZ4
"Ees not da messiah, ees a very nawty boi!"

Sorry, I'll get me coat!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 10:44 #205694 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: "Ees not da messiah, ees a very nawty boi!"

Sorry, I'll get me coat!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2019 16:33 #205766 by Andy2640

mikeyw85 wrote: I haven't driven in the wet much but they've been fine so far. I've half tried to get it to break traction on a roundabout and it didn't at all.

Mikey, I tried PM'in ya, but you must not of seen it. I'd like to know where you got the smoked indicators from bud? I simply cannot find em anywhere.

Tar mate.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds