BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5

More
14 Jun 2019 20:58 #209957 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
I certainly can't grumble with mpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2019 12:40 #210400 by Soeley
I've had this in mind for a while. Extra cargo lashing points, but a bit different to standard. I bought the cargo track back in February at the Stafford 4x4 Expo. I have filled in the original csk holes and drilled new ones to suit the M6 holes in the rear panel, what I didn't realise is the rear panel has a curve in it near the B-post. I have stuck rubber draft excluder on the back to protect the paintwork. Finally I sprayed the tracks with a black Rubber Wrap paint. The rings can be quickly removed if need be when not in use.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Jun 2019 16:38 #210402 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Nice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Jul 2019 18:58 #210756 by Soeley
Years ago I bought some Osram LEDriving Foglights . I had them on my previous car for about 6 years and removed them when I traded her in for the Jimny.

Although the units are a straight swap, it comes with its own control module that needs wiring in. The kit comes with one dummy Fog-light connector to blank off one of the original light connectors, but in the Jimny' case I had to make two up for the DRL connectors as well.
From experience I can say they work very well as a fog-light producing a low flat beam that cuts through.

L/H side with quick release connector for headlamp washers and connector for Fog/DRL.

Two dummy connectors, these were small extension cables with male and female connectors on. Cut the wires off, some heat shrink and filled with auto sealant.

R/H side original connector, and the two from the Osram control module that plug straight into the Osram lamps.

Suzuki Fog/DRL unit. The small loom has to be kept for the module to plug in to on one side.

L/H side with Osram lamp unit, supplied dummy connector and home brewed DRL dummy. The lamp wire is fed along the washer hose to the R/H side.

Not a bad beam from Suzuki.

Osram, whiter light with a more focused beam (not as fuzzy round the edges).

DRLs on (not the best lighting conditions for effect).

Fog-lights on.

More
08 Jul 2019 06:55 #210762 by Soeley
Doh!
I managed to link the wrong picture for the 5th one down. This is the correct one.

Suzuki Fog/DRL unit. The small loom has to be kept for the module to plug in to on one side.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jul 2019 07:59 #210764 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
I admire your dedication to the task and thanks for the photos, they can be useful in many ways.
Chris.

More
14 Jul 2019 20:29 - 14 Jul 2019 20:34 #211068 by Soeley
Today I fitted the ARB Breather kit. Easy to install, just a bit time consuming.

Filter manifold cable tied to the brake pipes.

Front and rear breather tubes connected, the other two ports blocked off with the supplied blanks.

ARB filter in place (I have straightened it now :P )

Sorry for the blurred picture. Air hose connectors, thread cut off, drilled and tapped 1/8" BSP to take the ARB push fittings.

Front breather. Rear is similar.

I fitted the breathers whilst on axle stands, and have left some extra loops in the tubing, so hopefully it will never be strained even at full suspension travel.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2019 20:34 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stiffsteve204me

More
28 Jul 2019 20:17 #211612 by Soeley
I swapped the straight ARB connectors for some 90 degree ones, better clearance with these.

More
28 Jul 2019 20:24 #211614 by Soeley
So today I went had some fun. I went up to Cowm Leisure 4x4 , they have a 4x4 day last Sunday of each month and it's only half an hour away for me.

I had a fantastic morning on their Green Route, first time out solo ever in a 4x4 think the bug has bitten :)

My camera set up was a bit of a failure so Dash Cam will have to do

Same clip from the rear cam

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2019 21:34 #211617 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Looks like a good place to try the jimny out bet you had a great day ;)

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2019 12:43 #211629 by Podge
Replied by Podge on topic Soeley's 2019 Black SZ5
Heya Soeley, popped into Rochdale Rust Proofing.

They're now quoting £1000 Inc vat for a Dinotrol coating.

Which I am certainly not paying. Apparently they're saying the cost of Dinotrol has doubled recently. Not sure how that works when most the job is labour but I won't be going there.

More
29 Jul 2019 14:54 #211634 by Soeley
Oh, just replied to your other post, looks like it has gone up £220 then. Sorry to hear that, but makes me glad I went when I did.

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds