BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My x2 Jimny’s

More
08 Nov 2018 09:55 #197459 by Lomax
My x2 Jimny’s was created by Lomax
Hi All,

I thought I would start a thread of my Jimny’s. My Mrs has only had Jimny’s since passing her driving test and is onto her second one which is a grey 09 plate. My normal car is a BMW 335d touring, but fancied a Jimny to run over winter as we have had bad snow the past couple of years.

I had been searching online and had seen a couple of rotten expamples and ones looking half decent sold with 24hrs close to me. I noticed this red one online and flew down to Newcastle to collect. It was slightly oxidized, but the previous owner has looked to have spent some money on it. History of what has been done I am unsure. Since picking it up I have given it a quick machine polish and removed the front window tints. I have ordered a steering damper from Jimny Bits to installl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2018 10:39 #197463 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic My x2 Jimny’s
Looks nice! What wax did you use - its got a good 'wet' shine to it.

For some reason red paint is prone to oxidising.

It just needs some BigJimny.com stickers in the windows :whistle: :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
08 Nov 2018 11:18 #197466 by Lomax
Replied by Lomax on topic My x2 Jimny’s
Cheers.. I used an intensive polish followed by poorboys blackhole and Autosmart WAX. Nothing fancy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

More
08 Nov 2018 12:16 #197467 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic My x2 Jimny’s

Lomax wrote: Nothing fancy.

Aye, but it's not the stuff you usually find on the shelves in Halfrauds :laugh:

I really like the Pooboys wheel sealant products, they help keep my alloys looking mint.
Having a white car, and my Jimny being silver - probably the two most difficult colours to make look shiny - I've found Colinite 845 Insulator Wax to be really good.

Thanks for the reply

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
08 Nov 2018 18:07 #197474 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic My x2 Jimny’s
B) Need the sunnies on to look at that shine :cheer:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds