BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

First car from this millennium

• shortylumber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2018 23:46 #190384 by shortylumber
First car from this millennium was created by shortylumber
Well after owning a 1989 mini which I loved to bits but couldn't afford to keep fixing bits on it, I went to a 1998 vauxhall corsa 973cc (bit of a downgrade in power to the mini haha). This got me around pretty well but was showing signs of wear (mainly wear in my wallet). This led me wanting a new car and I kept being pulled back to Jimny's. Looked at a few end of last year during the snow and icey roads (fun time to test drive them I'll say that).
Well a few weeks ago I finally bought one, my first car actually made this millennium. 2003 jimny with 36k on the clock.
Few things I need to do, like fix the spot lights, and maybe get a new exhaust.
Other wise I'm loving life driving this thing about, everytime I see another I tend to shout jimny (reminded me much of the days in my mini, something the corsa just didn't have aha).
Anyway used this forum a fair bit for research and will certainly be using it in the coming years.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Mar 2018 04:58 #190385 by Lambert
Nice colour. Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: shortylumber

More
14 Mar 2018 09:19 - 14 Mar 2018 09:22 #190391 by Scimike
Congratulations on making the millennium and time travel back to the 90's when you get behind the wheel. :laugh:
Trust me you don't want to travel into the future any further, these modern vehicles are like Sky net.
Jimnys are packed full of fun without the need for gizmo's.
Welcome and hello.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Mar 2018 09:22 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shortylumber

• shortylumber
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2018 10:15 #190394 by shortylumber
Replied by shortylumber on topic First car from this millennium
Cheers for the welcome. I don't mind the blue at all, would of loved a dark green one but weren't many for sale in price range.
Ahh it has a working heater, decent stereo and that's all I need, much like the mini basic is all I need to enjoy it

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds