BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

CAE's Daily Jim

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2019 18:27 #206934 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic CAE's Daily Jim
Had to park next to this and grab a quick picture. My head was about level with his very expensive looking Fox shock reservoirs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2019 09:59 #208188 by furo
Replied by furo on topic CAE's Daily Jim
Hi Caelite, great thread! I also live in Glasgow and I have sent you a private message.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 16:48 - 14 Jul 2019 16:51 #211044 by Caelite
Haven't updated this in a while, been planning a few odd jobs. Had my front suspension apart today, after picking up some 1.5" spring spacers & shock repositioners just to perk the truck up a little on the cheap. Also have my friend ready to weld a couple of heavy duty recovery shackles on too my tow bar crossmember whenever we're both not busy.

Unfortunately fitting my 1.5" spacers have been thwarted a bit by the bolts on my front shocks being completely siezed in, wouldn't even shift with my 18" breaker on them. I might do the backs myself then chuck the fronts in to a shop for someone to rattle gun off.

Also due another service, waiting to see if Martin gets some more blueprint filters in stock.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2019 16:51 by Caelite.

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2019 18:43 #215836 by Caelite
Well, the Jimnys been a pain in the ass this month, first the 4WD vacuum system failing intermittently, then the transfer case position sensor packing in. Now it's chucked an MOT fail over a leaky backbox & a rusty panhard rod mount (not something I've ever heard of failing on Jimnys, a little ~20x10mm hole developing in the middle of the panhard bracket on the driverside).

New backbox is getting fitted tomorrow & he's patched the little hole in the bracket, thankfully he isn't advisorying, or worrying about the angrily flashing 4WD and 4-L lights on the dash, has said he will even take a peak at the t-case & see if he can get them to turn off well he has it on the ramp.
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2019 15:05 #216092 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic CAE's Daily Jim

Caelite wrote: Well, the Jimnys been a pain in the ass this month, first the 4WD vacuum system failing intermittently, then the transfer case position sensor packing in. Now it's chucked an MOT fail over a leaky backbox & a rusty panhard rod mount (not something I've ever heard of failing on Jimnys, a little ~20x10mm hole developing in the middle of the panhard bracket on the driverside).

New backbox is getting fitted tomorrow & he's patched the little hole in the bracket, thankfully he isn't advisorying, or worrying about the angrily flashing 4WD and 4-L lights on the dash, has said he will even take a peak at the t-case & see if he can get them to turn off well he has it on the ramp.

Has it got an MOT now?

How did you resolve the emmisions failure? Could the tester find the Jimny on the system then? If not it gets tested on the generic old limits and would be unlikely to fail. If it does the CAT will have had its day.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2019 19:13 - 01 Dec 2019 19:14 #216134 by Caelite
Aye got it sorted, should have taken a picture actually, there was a good ~7x3cm hole in the front facing section of the back box, I knew it was blowing as it had a bit of a rumble, but I didn't expect anything near that, the lad that did the MOT swapped that out for a new one & welded a patch on the panhard mount & passed it the next day.

Have a bad feeling the solenoid in the transfer case is completely goosed though. Need to have a proper look at it, but waiting until temperatures get back into the positives though.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2019 19:14 by Caelite.

• Caelite
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2020 19:08 - 26 Mar 2020 19:59 #220291 by Caelite
First post in a while, added a few odds & ends. Unfortunately had a spate of vandalism, nothing serious looks like some wee scrote snapped my aerial off.

Decided instead of going for another Jimny one, like I did before, to look for alternative options. Found exactly what I was looking for from a guy called 3d-4x4 (3d-4x4.com/products/suzuki-jimny-aerial-...a-direct-replacement) arrived today, along with some new seat levers for my rear seats (both of which I have snapped off). It's a wee bit rough around the edges where it's been printed, but it all feels solid. Was aiming for my levers to match the yellow on my Recaros, they aren't the best of matches but will do (maybe should have ordered gold instead of hi-vis yellow).

Haven't popped the levers on, have yet to figure out how to get the old plastic sheathing off.

Also, have ticked her over 140k miles, was on track for 150k this year but unfortunately recent events have put a damper on some of my site visits.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Mar 2020 19:59 by Caelite.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds