BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My first Jimny.....

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 00:12 - 20 Nov 2017 00:35 #186480 by Eskimo
My first Jimny..... was created by Eskimo
So after weeks of reading the forum, watching YouTube vids and about 2 months or so of looking for one(thought it was going to end like the U2 song - still haven't found what I'm looking for! :( :( ) I finally found it, 2002 51500mls in metallic blue with service history and all previous MOTs etc. Not much rust, just a couple of little bits in the boot and 1 small bit behind passenger headlight.

It's a well travelled Jim though, the chap I bought it from had toured Europe for the last 7mths and was heading back to NZ so needed to sell it on. Even got receipts for kingpin bearing work from a Romainian Suzuki Dealer :woohoo:

Long term plans are a lift kit, snorkel, winch, roof rack and a shed load of led lights -you can never have too many lights. Jim is going to be used as a daily driver to keep the miles off my Kuga (63 plate and done more Mle than the Jim) and also a bit of a plaything for the weekends and proving my Bro in law wrong about the Jimnys offroad ability (He's a total LR nut). The jimny is following in a long line of 4x4s including a Jeep Cherokee Renegade, 4ltr V8 Disco, Pajero SWB, 3.5 V8 Range Rover to mention a few.

Only had it for a couple of weeks and a quick wheel and tire swap was necessary this weekend - even managed a small .75" lift with the 215/75 r15 Hankook Dynapro MTs!

Looking forward to building my perfect Jimny and hopefully to keep on smiling while doing it, although was losing sense of humour yesterday in the rain wrestling with the mud flaps!!!

Thanks for reading, if you made it this far

Eskimo

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Nov 2017 00:35 by Eskimo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• petejones69
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 01:09 #186482 by petejones69
Replied by petejones69 on topic My first Jimny.....
Looks better already. Welcome! I only bought mine just over a week ago and love it.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 07:14 #186488 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic My first Jimny.....
Mine looked just like that when I 1st got it. Good luck with your plans. :)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Nov 2017 07:32 #186491 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My first Jimny.....
Ooh more black wheels, yay, and it's blue too. Double yay!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• petejones69
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 09:42 #186495 by petejones69
Replied by petejones69 on topic My first Jimny.....
I spotted a small problem - no MUD!:evil:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 09:47 #186496 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic My first Jimny.....
Nice looking Jimny, enjoy

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 12:21 #186508 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My first Jimny.....
Nice! What rims are those?

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 13:12 #186512 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic My first Jimny.....
Thanks for the comments guys, hoping to get most of the work done in the next couple of months before SWMBO pulls the plug on the project ;) :laugh: :laugh:

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2017 13:16 #186513 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic My first Jimny.....
Oooppppss fat fingers, meant to add MdsV the rims are Tuff Torques 15x7 ET0 8 spoke in shiny black (not my original choice but I couldn't find any Modula ones in silver in time)

Go them from 4x4 Tyres near Stafford-on-Avon, arrived in 2days from ordering. Got the tyres from Mytyres again within 3 days of ordering so had to get them as soon as possible.

Petejones69 - hoping to get a bit of mud on there soon, although in the wilds of Worcestershire there aren't too many lanes to drive, I think the total is about 3 :( so will have to find some more soon!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds