BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2018 11:10 #195604 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Yes i got two telescope poles in the car right now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2018 12:26 #195606 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Thumbs up!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2018 12:41 #195609 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
Looking good

More
02 Sep 2018 19:22 #195650 by yakuza
Looks great!

I bought a tarp with rods and ties and stuff at Biltema or Jula years ago. I have brough it to the last three meets, but never got time to put it up.
Too much suzuki-talk, and nice weather. We usually stand around with our heads in or under someones car, or try to help someone with their last adjustments. And fluids to be consumed... :)

And there is a large hut with a center fireplace and lots of fire wood so might never need it :)

Only three weeks to go now, feel like a kid the days before Christmas.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2018 08:11 #195660 by MadsV
Yes the tarp is just a extra if we get alot of rain etc!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2018 23:57 #198558 by MadsV
Took the lock right out today, tired of driving with 100% locked all the time and with winter coming on mud terrain tires it would go straight ahead in all turns. It feels like the drivetrain gets to much beatinh with it. As a daily drive its not optimal, works like hell in terrain tho!
Havent done much else with the car lately, just driven it. Only thing it really needs is heavy duty tow points

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Dec 2018 05:02 #198559 by Lambert
That's always been my concern with an un locking diff that road driving and especially on winter roads would be almost impossible to live with on a daily driver.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2018 07:49 #198563 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

MadsV wrote: Took the lock right out today, tired of driving with 100% locked all the time and with winter coming on mud terrain tires it would go straight ahead in all turns. It feels like the drivetrain gets to much beatinh with it. As a daily drive its not optimal, works like hell in terrain tho!
Havent done much else with the car lately, just driven it. Only thing it really needs is heavy duty tow points

Just to be able to run completly open diff in the snow, like sidehill situations, is reason enough to stay away from lockrite and even lsd diffs.. Lockers is the way to go for sure.

Ive got the JB towpoints up front on my winch plate, and they sem very solid! I also got the rear ones, but havent installed them yet due to conflict with my towbar mount... Not sure how to do that one. But the towbar mount is most likely great for towpoint anyway.. (the mount, not the towbar).

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2018 08:00 #198564 by MadsV

OlaGB wrote:

MadsV wrote: Took the lock right out today, tired of driving with 100% locked all the time and with winter coming on mud terrain tires it would go straight ahead in all turns. It feels like the drivetrain gets to much beatinh with it. As a daily drive its not optimal, works like hell in terrain tho!

Just to be able to run completly open diff in the snow, like sidehill situations, is reason enough to stay away from lockrite and even lsd diffs.. Lockers is the way to go for sure.

Ive got the JB towpoints up front on my winch plate, and they sem very solid! I also got the rear ones, but havent installed them yet due to conflict with my towbar mount... Not sure how to do that one. But the towbar mount is most likely great for towpoint anyway.. (the mount, not the towbar).

Yes i think i’ll go for JB points, front and rear. I took the towbar off so now i dont have any tow points :lol: the original one are a joke

More
03 Dec 2018 16:03 #198573 by jackonlyjack
Rear tow points some flat bar a bit of grinding/drilling

Cost less than 20 quid
Attachments:

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2018 17:50 #198581 by MadsV

jackonlyjack wrote: Rear tow points some flat bar a bit of grinding/drilling

Cost less than 20 quid

Never thought about making them myself, but I got plenty of steel at work so why not!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Dec 2018 15:38 #198896 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
After driving in 110km/h for 5 minutes my exhaust collapsed. Remember this happening to my blue Jimny also! Ordered the rear muffler and the pipe that goes to the middle of the car. It was only the muffler that had come off but i bought the pipe aswell since the rest of the exhaust is new also.. when i had the car in the air i saw the front right hub started leaking. Changed that side a year ago, so i ordered a seal kit for that side and a complete kit for the left side since i got a feeling that one will fail anytime also.

Installed some new stereo yesterday also. Only had a dab radio until now without cd, and i like good quality sound (vinyl cd) so i bought one with cd! And a better front set speakers
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds