BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Norwegian Jimny

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Dec 2018 09:56 #199426 by Iaitoo
Replied by Iaitoo on topic Norwegian Jimny
I have bought a new bigger car that can fit my dog and gf. The Jimny has retired to an island in northern Norway. Only 9km of gravel road there, but many areas with no roads :) My mother lives there and will be using it until mot runs out in 2 years. If it does not pass its mot then, it will turn into a off road project.

I love driving it whenever I visit. Finally got around to replace the brake hoses with 2" lift ones. I can fully flex now :)

Normally I can cross the beach here to the other side. But the full moon brought in so much tide that the beach is completely gone. With no breathers for the diffs, and it being salt water. I decided to not test the new snorkel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Dec 2018 10:31 #199428 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Norwegian Jimny
Sounds nice
What island is it?

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Dec 2018 11:21 #199429 by Iaitoo

MadsV wrote: Sounds nice
What island is it?

It is called Landegode. Outside of Bodø. Only 40 people living there :)

• Iaitoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2020 21:23 - 11 Aug 2020 04:53 #226487 by Iaitoo
After my Land Rover died on vacation, 1260km from home, the Jimny is back!

I have fallen back in love with it. First thing I did was order a winch. The winch plate from jimnybits doesnt really fit. It hits the steering pump. Not sure if that is normal or because my jimny has been in some sort of crash. But the right side where the pump is seems fine, the left side is bent in the front frame leg. Had to cut a bit to make everything fit. Cut the winch plate to fit around the pump, and removed lots of the leg thingy on the left side.

Next plan is to make a false floor in the back so I can use the dog cage and make up some storage. Also going to make a center console of some sort. And get some armoring for under the car. It weights 1140kgs with out the rear seats(before winch). Not much to go on. The bfg's, 16" steelies and an extra battery must add a lot of weight.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2020 04:53 by Iaitoo. Reason: Typo

More
23 Nov 2020 03:18 #230310 by Joey83
Replied by Joey83 on topic Norwegian Jimny
Any new updates on the Jimny?

More
25 Nov 2020 17:14 #230397 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Norwegian Jimny
Must be snowing there now show us some photos of you out in the wilderness in your Jimny

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
11 Dec 2020 22:12 #230858 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Norwegian Jimny
Weather report from Norway: Some snow, but not much. I live in southern parts of Norway so here even less snow. But where he lives it is not much daylight now in the dark season and less daylight for a photoshoot :)

Bodø is so far north that from where I live in the middle of souther norway, i can get to Copenhagen faster than up to Bodø :)
And then it is only half way to Nordkapp the northern tip of Norway.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
12 Dec 2020 19:36 - 12 Dec 2020 19:36 #230866 by Joey83
Replied by Joey83 on topic Norwegian Jimny
The distances in Norway are huge for such a small country, I should know, I live in the southwestern part of this country
Last edit: 12 Dec 2020 19:36 by Joey83.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds