BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ant's 'stealth' gray Jimny, story so far

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2017 17:11 #178216 by ant0
Replied by ant0 on topic Ant's 'stealth' gray Jimny, story so far
Update after this weekends work....

New Xtrons double din android head unit fitted, but the fascia trim from china doesn't fit the head unit so. I'm left with unsightly wee gap meantime till I get trim that fits, no big deal meantime as it is a tiny wee gap. The android head unit is awesome and basically does everything your Android phone or tablet does, including being able to install ANY apps you want. So I've go Spotify on direct rather than via my phone and allows much better music selection on the go. Built in GPS and using Google maps so saves using my phone again. I've also installed an inclinometer app B) and for when parked up... YouTube, Gmail, etc :)

Fitted bigger front speakers 5" per the few photo guides I found on here... Giant pain the the ass getting the speaker grilles cut out the Footwell trims to not only accommodate the bigger speakers but to get the back end of the bigger speakers to align just right with the hole behind so the trim doesn't stick out. Got there in the end after two attempts.

Also fitted same speakers in the back and other than the palava of having to take all the trims out, these were a lot easier. Mind you since I had the trims.off I took the opportunity to unbolt the rear top seat belt mounts and stowed them behind the trim in padded wrapping to avoid rattles.

Sound quality much much better with the slightly better speakers and having four rather than just two.

Also fitted reversing sensors, just two of the four supplied, as while its a small car they do help squeeze into tiny spaces, and I've put the same ones on my other two cars and can't beat them for £15!

Then cut my plywood floor from the cardboard template I'd made, including a piano hinged section to access the jack and tools compartment. I have car carpet ready to cut and fit next weekend.

Photos to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2017 17:15 - 19 Feb 2017 17:20 #178220 by ant0
Last edit: 19 Feb 2017 17:20 by ant0.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2017 17:21 #178223 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Ant's 'stealth' gray Jimny, story so far
I like the hinged boot floor, nice one. :)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2017 18:43 #178239 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ant's 'stealth' gray Jimny, story so far
Very nice B) B) B)

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2017 20:39 #178396 by ant0
Switch plate and switches arrived so now to figure out where I'll be mounting them.

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2017 21:37 #178399 by Daniel30
Tasty !!!! B) B)

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2017 12:36 - 22 Mar 2017 12:38 #179493 by ant0
Not updated for a while, so in summary....

Two 15" lightbars from eBay - disaster - only measure 12" and some pieces missing, then when sorted, mounts made it too high for the look I wanted and then leaked/misted terribly so scrapped that idea and took them off. Now replaced with 4x individual LED lights per the photo below.

Also got my ply floor carpeted and made a fixed but removable carpeted bulkhead arrangement per the photos below. Floor was easy enough but the bulkhead was a pain to do as the car carpet was quite thick.

Also fitted an Xtrons reversing camera and sensor to tie in with my Xtrons android head unit - very happily surprised with the view and quality.

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 12:38 by ant0.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2017 17:24 #179509 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Ant's 'stealth' gray Jimny, story so far
Looking good mate. :)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2017 17:51 #179513 by Daniel30
Second that B) B) B) B)

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Mar 2017 20:36 #179532 by Riccy
yep a nice mean machine :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Mar 2017 20:48 #179533 by Riccy
Where did you end up mounting the switches? Ive been thinking about making some sort of roof mounted thing for switches and CB.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• ant0
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2017 21:19 #179535 by ant0

Riccy wrote: Where did you end up mounting the switches? Ive been thinking about making some sort of roof mounted thing for switches and CB.

Still mulling over where to fit them as wiring the front and rear roof lights is one of two bigger jobs left to do on my list (the other being fitting the snorkel). I've settled on either under the ashtray/over the front tray nook, or on top of the dash above the vents/hazard swith in some sort of switches pod as I also have a small voltmeter and USB power outlets to mount. I've got my eye of some Landrover switch pods but still not finally decided.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds