BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:The Jimny of the Yakuza

More
27 Feb 2019 22:54 #203913 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza

Max Headroom wrote:

yakuza wrote: ... Not without getting trouble opening the hood.

The hood? You have a convertible then?

:evil:

I think I might be having a language problem now.. :)
Bonnet?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2019 06:31 #203922 by Max Headroom

yakuza wrote:

Max Headroom wrote:

yakuza wrote:
Bonnet?

"Bonnet" - Yaaaay! [smiley thumbvs up] :cheer:

Heheh - I dont think you have a language problem whatsoever; your English is excellent!

I do however think you might have been reading too many American parts lists ;) :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
28 Feb 2019 09:45 - 28 Feb 2019 09:47 #203929 by yakuza

yakuza wrote:
Bonnet?

Max Headroom wrote: "Bonnet" - Yaaaay! [smiley thumbvs up] :cheer:

Heheh - I dont think you have a language problem whatsoever; your English is excellent!

I do however think you might have been reading too many American parts lists ;) :)

Stupid Norwegian TV channels importing too many US TV shows. We luckily get Shed and Buried, CAR SOS and Top Gear from UK but not much else. I never understood why we tend to import mostly the bad stuff from USA.
I have cancelled my linear TV subscription like so many people do nowadays but still got the signal for some reason...

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2019 09:47 by yakuza.

More
28 Feb 2019 22:20 #203960 by Max Headroom
Shed and Buried - excellent! Thats filmed just out round the back of the airbase where I work!

Yes sadly we too get the same US stuff - far too much of it in fact... to the extent that there are some people here, that now speak with with what I call "voice uppy syndrome" where their tone rises at the end of every statement as if asking a question. It's almost as if its fashionable, but it sounds utterly ridiculous.

I guess we will never stop importing American shows - they make so many !

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
27 Jan 2020 16:15 #217746 by yakuza

Old battery.

Ripped out and made room for a more common 18x20cm size.

Welded the bracket for the fuse box to the remaining tray after cutting the edges inwards away.

And got room for a 70Ah AGM battery.

Had to extend the positive wires, will change them completely when I get better parts for that.

Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2020 16:19 #217747 by yakuza
My Christmas present :

ARB compressor for the rear locker.

Relocated the washer tank further back

Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Jan 2020 18:11 #217750 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza

yakuza wrote: My Christmas present :

ARB compressor for the rear locker.

Relocated the washer tank further back

Nice present B)

Be wary of the air intake on the compressor there. Where you have it, just behind the headlight, it will likely get wet even from just driving in rain, so be careful of fording deep water. It is also horizontal, meaning it will pool full of water if it gets wet. You cant compress water so it would be the end of it :-(

You will find the air filter can unscrew from the compressor body. I took it off, used blue airline screw in adapters (1/4bsp to 8mm pipe) and ran it up into the snorkel top with the filter on the end, but it could be relocated easily anywhere with the airline pipe. Pipe and fittings are cheap from any good engineering supplier or ebay/amazon. Most commonly used for pneumatic's in factories.

Sorry to scaremonger but I would hate to see it damaged from a simple thing ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
27 Jan 2020 21:19 #217753 by yakuza

Riccy wrote:

yakuza wrote: My Christmas present :

Be wary of the air intake on the compressor there. Where you have it, just behind the headlight, it will likely get wet even from just driving in rain, so be careful of fording deep water. It is also horizontal, meaning it will pool full of water if it gets wet. You cant compress water so it would be the end of it :-(

You will find the air filter can unscrew from the compressor body. I took it off, used blue airline screw in adapters (1/4bsp to 8mm pipe) and ran it up into the snorkel top with the filter on the end, but it could be relocated easily anywhere with the airline pipe. Pipe and fittings are cheap from any good engineering supplier or ebay/amazon. Most commonly used for pneumatic's in factories.

Sorry to scaremonger but I would hate to see it damaged from a simple thing ;-)

Oh I know. Very well noted and nice of you to also warn others. It says in the manual that water spray will be sorted in the filter, and that it can be mounted in any position. I have no intention of diving with it just yet. But I actually got the snorkel in the garage and it will be mounted some day. I also got all pipe parts at work as we use lots of 1/4" BSP fittings and pipes. 8mm and up to 76mm pipes. You can actually see one of the ermeto parts, a 1/8" to 1/4" fitting just below the solenoid valve in the picture.
Pipe laying is one of the most boring tasks when i design propulsion systems using 3D cad at work. Lots more fun in real life.:)

More
22 Jul 2020 16:49 #225467 by yakuza
Getting ready for the Norwegian Suzuki club meet.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jul 2020 17:56 #225472 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza
love the sj trailer that's excellent! Is it a camper or just for stuff?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jul 2020 20:11 #225475 by yakuza
Built for fun, used for stuff, but now also a camper. Been waterproofed, put in a camper roof hatch for ventilation, and some insulation.
I will not put too much effort in it, as it is a bit short still, but room for little me diagonally.

More
23 Jul 2020 07:15 - 23 Jul 2020 07:15 #225490 by Reason2doubt
Take lots of pictures at your Suzuki meet!! It would be great to see the variation of JImnys!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2020 07:15 by Reason2doubt.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds