BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Project Elmo 2013 / Evil Elmo 2019

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2015 23:36 #134620 by jim
Replied by jim on topic Project Elmo
Red trucks looks cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2015 21:59 #137563 by Wuzie123
Replied by Wuzie123 on topic Project Elmo
Been busy working on elmo trying to get ready for competition season (already started) but getting there...

Winch wiring done just need s battery

Split charge display in the glove box out the way

Tucked up in the garage waiting for the postie to drop off my birthday bits lol
Attachments:

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2015 08:33 #139185 by Wuzie123
well had a few days to work on elmo and i got the wiring finsihed and the winch rope installed. got my new shackels from gremany because of the strange hole sizes on my bumper, also installed a T-Max compressor from jimnybits on the rear passenger side shelf

the top light is mounted on a smitybilt hawse braket its not wired up yet but will be run through the main beam switch like my old two were before i took them off...

still got lots sitting in my garage to get fitted and done like axel trusses, diff guards, but most important is going to be a front axel overhaul as my passenger side klngpins bearings have colapsed so it aint going anywhere for a while untill i can get that sorted...
Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2015 09:07 #139193 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Project Elmo
Looking good mate!

Front axle overhaul Lol. Get used to those!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
26 Feb 2015 09:23 #139197 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Project Elmo
Very nice build! B)

Must be like daylight when you turn all those lights on! ;)

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2015 09:55 #139204 by Wuzie123
yeah i only have the bottom one wired up just now and it is really bright by its self so once i get my roof lights re wired and the nes over winch light i will be set for night time trials that my club do....

More
26 Feb 2015 14:56 #139212 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Project Elmo
B)

Doug any chance of a photo showing what's it's like where you've hacksawed the rear panel away as below

it looks like it makes some useable space :huh:

thanks

;)

More
26 Feb 2015 19:38 #139250 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Project Elmo
Would you mind taking a photo of the way you've mounted the light above the winch please mate? I've been eyeing up an LED light bar to go in the exact same place on mine!

I also thought about getting a compressor and mounting it where you've mounted yours but may mount some speakers there to improve the sounds innit! I hate it when people say innit, so I've no idea why I decided to type it there. I must have come over all urban teenager yob like for a moment!

So we seem to think alike - albeit I'm sure you don't say innit, but then again neither do I usually. I think I'll have to take myself aside and have a word with myself about that. I used the term "Chizzle" the other day too!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2015 13:26 #139320 by Wuzie123

Halford wrote: B)

Doug any chance of a photo showing what's it's like where you've hacksawed the rear panel away as below

it looks like it makes some useable space :huh:

thanks

;)

hey i would take a pic for you but i am now in nigeria so dont have access to elmo just now.

If you look at the pannel you will see a peice that looks like it will pull off.... well inside there are about 12 screws holding it on to the main trim pannel... i undid them and used a angle grinder to trim off the top thinking it would give me a nice flat ledge to put the compressor on..................

WRONG when i put the bit back on the line i had followed left me with a slope going back into the tray area.... was a bit grumpy at that point but i thought i would give it a try anyway............

And loan behold it fitted and looks kinda good im going to go back in and clean up the edge where i cut it but im happy with the finished look

if you feel under the lip of the trim panel you will find the "angled" bit am talking about. and if i was to do it again i would go straight across where it dips down to leave a small pocket for "stuff"

hope that helps

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2015 13:29 #139321 by Wuzie123

kirkynut wrote: Would you mind taking a photo of the way you've mounted the light above the winch please mate? I've been eyeing up an LED light bar to go in the exact same place on mine!

I also thought about getting a compressor and mounting it where you've mounted yours but may mount some speakers there to improve the sounds innit! I hate it when people say innit, so I've no idea why I decided to type it there. I must have come over all urban teenager yob like for a moment!

So we seem to think alike - albeit I'm sure you don't say innit, but then again neither do I usually. I think I'll have to take myself aside and have a word with myself about that. I used the term "Chizzle" the other day too!

Kirkynut

its a smitybilt mount from the usa is you serch ebay for HAWSE LIGHT BRACKET it should come up... its about £50 posted if my memory is correct but a mate and i bought one each and saved on postage so it worked out at about £37 each. its a nice bit of kit but you will need longer bolts for your fairlead of hawse as it is about 5mm thick powder coated steel...

hope that helps

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2015 15:55 #139326 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Project Elmo
theres one on amazon UK £39 +£4 postage

www.amazon.co.uk/Smittybilt-Light-Bracke...irlead/dp/B00O1DUPD4

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2015 17:15 #139527 by Swifty
Replied by Swifty on topic Project Elmo
Looking good fella. :-) A guy called Scotty from West Yorkshire suzuki made it for his own vehicle, and yeah as far as I know it's a one off. I'm hoping to get a similar tubular one made up this summer just without the winch mounting!!!

Wuzie123 wrote: Hey thanks

It was from a guy on here that sold it to me a couple months back... He said it was made for him by someone but they have stopped production now so I think it is almost a one of...

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds