BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

More
21 Feb 2018 08:45 - 21 Feb 2018 08:45 #189562 by kirkynut
Thank you for appreciating it and reading it!

I think their is one more laning trip and some odds and ends to sort out in repairing it as far as possible. It's weird as some Photobucket pictures are still showing. They're generally low resolution phone pictures though.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 21 Feb 2018 08:45 by kirkynut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2018 09:40 #189565 by Daniel30
yeah well done for taking the time one of my fav jims :)

More
27 Feb 2018 22:32 - 27 Feb 2018 22:32 #189748 by kirkynut
I have repaired this thread as much as it can be now and have done from page 10 onwards tonight. It has been time consuming but my thread works again!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 22:32 by kirkynut.

More
28 Feb 2018 23:43 #189783 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: It's weird as some Photobucket pictures are still showing.Kirkynut

That is weird. All mine got blocked.
You've done a good job restoring stuff. I gave up on my lathe forum.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
01 Mar 2018 12:09 #189796 by kirkynut
I've posted this in Jimny Chat but wanted it on my thread too, so here it is here:

This morning we took our little one to the child minder, which involved going rural!

This meant going on roads which had suffered from snow drifts over night. After dropping him off and taking the Mrs to work a tractor was out ploughing the road but had to stop when a taxi was blocking the way as we came to a village. A big standard 4x4 on road tyres went past the tractor and got stuck. I went past the tractor and 4x4 and got stuck - it was quite deep!

I wasn't worried as I've got the winch, there was plenty to winch off and if that failed I had the woffle boards n the roof.

I bought my Jimny years ago from KAP Suzuki in Yorkshire so you can imagine my surprise when one of their Landranger Pick Up conversions - in black, the best colour, stopped just where I could do with attaching a winch rope to!

What's the chances of a Jimny arriving at the right place at the right time, let along one built where mine was built, and a Landranger at that!

So I winched off it to get through, tow the taxi out and make way for the Tractor to plough the road for everyone else!

Click the little cross below for a video of it!

File Attachment:

Here comes the tractor:

File Attachment:

Here's the Landranger:

File Attachment:

Now that's a lot of excitement for Essex!

Kirkynut

• florinelu07
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2018 13:34 #189799 by florinelu07
Replied by florinelu07 on topic Re:Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
What brand are the tires on the UTE?

More
01 Mar 2018 14:17 #189802 by kirkynut

florinelu07 wrote: What brand are the tires on the UTE?

I didn't get time to chat properly as he got a call from his boss after he'd WhatsApp 'd a video of it to him and the Mrs was already late for work! I'd imagine they're Recip Trial's looking at them though.

Kirkynut

More
01 Mar 2018 19:00 #189807 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: I've posted this in Jimny Chat but wanted it on my thread too, so here it is here:

Kirkynut

Nice one.
Keeping mobile in these conditions is why I drive 4x4s. It is ever since I mashed up my RS2000 back in a bad snowfall in the mid 1980s. I bought an old Landy there and then followed by a Suzuki LJ and never looked back. You all know I don't do mudplugging type of stuff but I do do snow.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
30 May 2018 22:43 - 30 May 2018 22:59 #193074 by kirkynut
Today I got the Jimjam out of the garage as my 2 year old wanted to go out in "Daddy's Tractor".

I got to the end of the Close and he decided he didn't want to go for "a drive through the trees" (local green laning) after all!

It's a good job as when I put it straight back in the garage, not feeling at all frustrated, I saw this:

I don't mean the ugly face either!

All fixed now. Like, just now!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 30 May 2018 22:59 by kirkynut.

More
31 May 2018 12:00 #193091 by kirkynut
I replaced the King Pin bearings and the wheel bearing last night as I had pressed a new wheel bearing into a spare hub some time ago and had the King Pin bearings in the garage ready too.

Test driving it reveals no more leaks and no death wobble. So all is good!

Kirkynut

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2018 14:29 #193093 by Daniel30
Very organised, well done

More
31 May 2018 16:16 - 31 May 2018 16:17 #193096 by kirkynut
I used to Off-Road it heavily and bought lots of spares to make things easier!

I did a couple of local lanes before the Tesco run. You get some strange looks pulling up in the parent and child bays in this all muddy!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 31 May 2018 16:17 by kirkynut.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds