BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

More
04 Oct 2016 18:29 #173155 by kirkynut
It is but to be honest I know that my Mot man is sensible and he knows I won't present it to him in a state that means it will fail. I know this truck well now and know when something is wrong so don't have any surprises, other than those the previous owner seems to have had in store but surely I've found all of those now!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2016 18:38 #173156 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: MOT passed! Kirkynut

And well deserved too!.;)

Let's hope you don't keep finding stuff to rectify. The odd bulb every now and then and suchlike you don't mind but major jobs get depressing.

Was it not possible to make a tank access hole?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
07 Oct 2016 20:35 #173249 by kirkynut
To be honest John I just wanted it fixed. Time is something I've not got much of! I'm not sure if it would be an issue because of the seat belt mounts being so close and cutting a hole in the floor would weaken it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2016 22:30 #173255 by jim

kirkynut wrote: MOT passed!

:)

Kirkynut

More
08 Oct 2016 09:28 #173274 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: I'm not sure if it would be an issue because of the seat belt mounts being so close and cutting a hole in the floor would weaken it.Kirkynut

Good point Rob. I wish manufacturers would consider these issues when designing these motors.

You should be well set up now for the future; I am trying to do the same with my Junior but not having any tech info is a total nightmare.

More
26 Oct 2016 20:57 #173949 by kirkynut
Well I've made the decision to not take the Jimny to Wales Rally GB this year and I'm going in ze beemer! The weather is supposed to be fine and I will get about alot quicker and in much more comfort!

Kirkynut

More
26 Oct 2016 21:01 #173951 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: Well I've made the decision to not take the Jimny to Wales Rally GB this year and I'm going in ze beemer! The weather is supposed to be fine and I will get about alot quicker and in much more comfort!

Kirkynut

Shocked!:ohmy:

More
27 Oct 2016 08:23 #173960 by kirkynut
Trouble is John that I have a 9 month old and a worn out a Mrs. Plus I was cutting the boy's nails yesterday and nearly took off half his thumb! It's okish now but I think I'm going to want to get there and back in the least amount of time and maybe come back Sunday night. At which point a 5 hour journey in comfort will be preferable over a 6-7 hour journey listening to a Rocklobster and extreme mud tyres!

Kirkynut

More
27 Oct 2016 16:09 #173968 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: I was cutting the boy's nails yesterday and nearly took off half his thumb!

Kirkynut

Oh dear, what are you like. Hope his thumb sorts itself out.
I must admit the ride in the Jimny would deter me too in your situation. Even in standard shape I would be put off.

I know it is a bigger motor but I always feel fresh when I have done a long trip (about 3+ hours is a long trip) in the Pajero.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2016 17:17 #173972 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
When I took my Shogun down to Normandy (7 hours all together) with my offroad club, I jumped
out fresh as a daisy but the landrover boys looked like they had been to hell and back. :)

More
10 Apr 2017 21:23 - 27 Feb 2018 22:28 #180122 by kirkynut
The other week my Jimny ticked over to 70k miles. I need to look up how many it had when I bought it and the date I bought it!

Today I moved a horsebox for the Mrs' aunt in a small yard. There wasn't enough room to get it where she wanted it with the Jimny and get the Jimny out, so I had to get inventive with the winch!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

It doesn't get used much but it still has it's uses!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 22:28 by kirkynut.

More
11 Apr 2017 20:04 #180154 by kirkynut
Today the Mrs took the boy over to her Mum's, so I had some time to spend with the Jimmy. I got the fuel tank guard back on after the fuel pipe popped off the top of the tank and I had to drop the tank but never got round to fitting the guard again.

I also sealed the exhaust as it was leaking where the back box attaches.

It's all good to go lanin' again now! The summer's coming and I want my boy to enjoy the countryside.

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds