BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2015 15:52 #148584 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
You sure it was closed?? B) B) B) B) :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2015 17:35 #148592 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: The ever versatile Jimny was put to work today with a tip run:

Kirkynut

Admit it, you chose that road deliberately. :laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
29 Jul 2015 12:31 - 27 Feb 2018 22:02 #148636 by kirkynut

helijohn wrote:

kirkynut wrote: The ever versatile Jimny was put to work today with a tip run:

Kirkynut

Admit it, you chose that road deliberately. :laugh: :laugh:

No, honestly, the road was closed to make repairs to a railway bridge. Here is my Jimny at the end by another bridge further up the line:

File Attachment:

and there was this quaint old sign on a gate next to there:

File Attachment:

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 22:02 by kirkynut.

More
29 Jul 2015 14:08 #148637 by Halford
So that's you having to take the Jimny out every day to check when the road re-opens, sounds like a good excuse me :laugh:

More
29 Jul 2015 16:37 #148649 by kirkynut
Unfortunately not, it was only for one day!

That doesn't mean I have to go by road - I could go by Byway just because I can!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
23 Oct 2015 10:17 - 23 Oct 2015 10:19 #154236 by kirkynut
So the Jimny has passed it's MOT with no issues for another year! So it jolly well should as it doesn't go anywhere yet still gets pampered!

I plan to go to Wales Rally GB in it in November as you can park much closer to the stages when you can park more off road than a normal car would dare!

I shall treat it to an oil change before then most likely as although it has barely done 2000 miles since the last oil change, my understanding is that oil breaks down over time and it won't do it any harm!

It will take a fair time to get to mid Wales in it though but my everyday car is now an E46 BMW 320i saloon that I have just lowered on Eibach springs as we are expecting our first child in January and a car with 4 doors will be required!

I took the Mrs 325i the last time I went to the Rally as the Jimny decided 1 hour into the journey that one of the rear wheel bearings had enough! They have been replaced now so I hope not to have any issues this time around. The car parks and the access roads to the stages are very rough so the Jimny will walk over them like they are tarmac whereas the Beemers will struggle, especially mine now. It will be nice to put it to good use too.

I purposely kept the rear seats in the Jimny in order that we could take our children greenlaning when we have them. That looks to have been a wise decision.

It was a year ago I had my Stroke on 13/10. A year that has passed quite quickly and a time I would like to forget. Forgetting is impossible though as I am on lifelong medication from it and still seeing my Consultant for check ups.

I have not visited the forum for a while as we have been busy with a holiday, my BMW, planning baby stuff and decorating the room for him/her.

I'll take some photos in Wales no doubt. If any of you are going to the Rally and see me there with the Jimny, be sure to say hello!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 23 Oct 2015 10:19 by kirkynut.

More
23 Oct 2015 10:41 #154239 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: So the Jimny has passed it's MOT with no issues for another year! So it jolly well should as it doesn't go anywhere yet still gets pampered!

One nightmare out of the way then. ;)

I shall treat it to an oil change before then most likely as although it has barely done 2000 miles since the last oil change, my understanding is that oil breaks down over time and it won't do it any harm!

I wish I could find the article but it is centuries old about a taxi driver using Castrol who had done some huge number of miles like 250000 with no oil change but regular filter changes.

Jimny will walk over them like they are tarmac whereas the Beemers will struggle, especially mine now. It will be nice to put it to good use too.

I have a bumper sticker that says " you can go faster than me but I can go where you can't".

It was a year ago I had my Stroke on 13/10.

I didn't know that Rob!! Take care. :kiss:

Kirkynut

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• rexthecat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2015 11:10 #154242 by rexthecat
Replied by rexthecat on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
looks nice round there....handy having local lanes to drive!

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Oct 2015 20:26 - 23 Oct 2015 20:27 #154288 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Good to see you name in frame Rob & like John says, take care ........ ;)
Last edit: 23 Oct 2015 20:27 by Tadpole.

More
24 Oct 2015 11:33 #154314 by kirkynut
Cheers chaps!

Kirkynut

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2015 19:10 #154345 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Good stuff :)

More
04 Nov 2015 17:44 #155344 by kirkynut
Oil change done today. About 2 years and only 3000 miles since the last one according to this thread!

I note some people use 5w30 and I had bought some posh fully synthetic 5w30 for my old Fiesta as Halfords were doing it on offer at £12 for 4L. I got 8L of it so half went in the JimJam today!

Starting it up it immediately sounded quieter and ticked over like a little Swiss Watch! The manual says 10w30 so this is only a little thinner when hot and I have read about the top end not getting lubricated enough on some Jimny's, so the slightly thinner oil will help with that.

My Jimny has never used any oil, even when it was my daily, so even if the slightly thinner oil causes it to use a little it's no biggie.

I checked all the tyre pressures and they were all even, indicating the tyres are good an hold air nicely. Even the spare was good.

I also tied up the front diff breather pipe which my MOT tester noted had just started to rub on the front prop a little and had cable tied out of the way for me. You need it to have the slack to drop with the axle without being stretched but don't want it rubbing a hole in it's self!

So with a quick top up of the windscreen washer it's all ready for Wales Rally GB next week!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds