BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

• BigTobyD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2014 18:54 #123825 by BigTobyD
Replied by BigTobyD on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Looking good B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• irishguy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2014 19:20 #123830 by irishguy123
Replied by irishguy123 on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Your thread makes a great read, cheers! and I think I have the same dark/leather interior transplanted into my Jimny as well... The seats look so much better than the originals!

More
10 Sep 2014 20:45 #123838 by Rhinoman
The seats are from the JLX+ model

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
10 Sep 2014 22:02 #123849 by kirkynut

Rhinoman wrote: The seats are from the JLX+ model

I shall have to have a look on my registration document to see what it is then!

They are easier to keep clean I can tell you, having had a cloth interior in a previous Jimny - that was in Magical Gold! That's not the official Suzuki colour name - I just made it up!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
11 Sep 2014 06:30 #123858 by j999pre
Magical gold is the best colour!

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• BigTobyD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2014 07:15 #123862 by BigTobyD
Replied by BigTobyD on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
Specially when coupled with ninja green ;)

More
03 Oct 2014 15:50 #125650 by kirkynut
Another years ownership and another MOT passed with no advisories! Only 1200 miles done since the last MOT and they have all been on road!

I had best treat it to the bits I've bought it soon then!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
03 Oct 2014 20:58 #125675 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: Another years ownership and another MOT passed with no advisories! Only 1200 miles done since the last MOT and they have all been on road!

I had best treat it to the bits I've bought it soon then!

Kirkynut

Well done you............and yours. ;)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
02 Nov 2014 17:02 - 20 Feb 2018 21:04 #128215 by kirkynut
I was on my parents computer the other day and my Mum told me that there were some old photos on it I might want to put on a USB stick and take home in case I didn't have them on my computer.

Well blow me down, I've found some pictures of The Jimjam when I bought it and our first time laning in it - when the front hubs stopped locking half way through the day!

Here they are:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

In the snow:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

It's come some way since those days!

The tyres were 215/80/15 Colway MT's, so it's quite ironic I'm back on 215/80/15's again now!

The wheels were Mangels alloys. which I sold as everyone was telling me how alloys get damaged easily. Part of me wishes I still had them now!

The CB was mounted on some galvanised roofing bracket I found in my local hardware shop. It did well considering!

I put a Dixon Bate Tow Hook on the back for rear recovery and had that long red lifting strap to spread the weight across the front for front recovery!

Those were the days!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 21:04 by kirkynut.

More
02 Nov 2014 18:10 - 20 Feb 2018 22:23 #128226 by kirkynut
Then a year later in 2009 the mods started and we took it to the Lakes for the first time:

If you are keen on Laning in the UK you'll probably recognise the first location!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Washing the wheels!

File Attachment:

She had to come back to get me!

File Attachment:

This is a KAP 3" lift kit with no Castor Correction. I drove it with this set up for years with no issues. I prefer it with Castor Correction and my springs don't bend and hit my shocks now, but when you start out you can live without Castor Correction - I did!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Another well known lane across a bit in Yorkshire pudding

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I seem to remember finding this river quite quaint

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

You'll notice that I only have a rope going to one recovery point on the front. That's because I had a thick bit of plate cut to the same shape as the original tie down point and welded both to the chassis above it and down alongside and to the original tie down point, creating a strong old recovery point on the passenger side. Do you think I can find a photo of that though?

After this the bumpers, winch, cage and rocklobster soon came and it grew into what it is now!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 22:23 by kirkynut.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2014 20:48 #128272 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
nice pictures B)

More
02 Nov 2014 21:04 #128276 by helijohn

The tyres were 215/80/15 Colway MT's, so it's quite ironic I'm back on 215/80/15's again now! -

So you really like that tyre? What is it like?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds