BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 17:36 - 06 Jan 2014 17:38 #99403 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
could you not get a single silicon hose made up the right length to go from airbox all the way to the top outside?could be made with the right bends in etc to make it a tidy fit.

obviously its still DIY but it would be more professional looking, plus you could get any colour B)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 17:38 by jonesyba420.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2014 17:44 #99406 by kirkynut

jonesyba420 wrote: could you not get a single silicon hose made up the right length to go from airbox all the way to the top outside?could be made with the right bends in etc to make it a tidy fit.

obviously its still DIY but it would be more professional looking, plus you could get any colour B)

I have thought about silicone hose, but I don't know how well it will fare being stabbed at by a broken off branch of tree etc.

One idea I had was a 90' elbow in silicone coming off the airbox out of the wing to a length of stainless tube (exhaust comes in 70mm outside diameter I've found) and then another bit of silicone elbow in at 45' to go up to the cage and another bit of stainless up the cage to a snorkel top.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
06 Jan 2014 17:55 #99409 by idiotmobil
shame your far away I would of made you a custom stainless one that rapped around your cage

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Jan 2014 20:13 #99426 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: [

One idea I had was a 90' elbow in silicone coming off the airbox out of the wing to a length of stainless tube (exhaust comes in 70mm outside diameter I've found) and then another bit of silicone elbow in at 45' to go up to the cage and another bit of stainless up the cage to a snorkel top.

Kirkynut

All along I have been thinking of black gutter drain downpipe...............you can get different elbow angles..........which you can shape and cut to your hearts content. ;) After all, the commercial ones look like drainpipe. :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
06 Jan 2014 21:19 #99443 by kirkynut

helijohn wrote:

kirkynut wrote: [

Kirkynut

All along I have been thinking of black gutter drain downpipe...............you can get different elbow angles..........which you can shape and cut to your hearts content. ;) After all, the commercial ones look like drainpipe. :laugh:

John - I shall treat that with the contempt it deserves! :P

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
06 Jan 2014 21:32 #99446 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote:
John - I shall treat that with the contempt it deserves! :P

Kirkynut

:laugh: :laugh:
I wish I had a really good solution for you Rob.

I used drainpipe for my bonnet scoop intake feeders - some snorkels really do look like the same sort of poly pipe. ;)

It makes me think of truck exhaust stacks, the ones with the little flap up top. They are so cool on Mack trucks etc.

Attachments:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jan 2014 16:39 - 07 Jan 2014 16:40 #99522 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Kirkynut's Jimny - The Evolution continues...
how about a captain scarlet version

indestructable
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jan 2014 16:40 by darthloachie.

More
07 Jan 2014 17:01 #99527 by helijohn

darthloachie wrote: how about a captain scarlet version

indestructable

Precisely!!
That makes me think, do you chaps never want to remove the stack and put it inside when not in use. Surely a press to fit connection could be rigged up. :unsure:

More
24 Jan 2014 19:31 #101870 by kirkynut
I've been without my Jimjam for just over a week whilst it had it's starter motor rebuilt - it doesn't need an engine now - the starter is as strong as the engine and I recon I could get 80 mph out of it with just the starter powering it!!!

OK, a little bit of an exaggeration but it starts lovely now!

No snorkel yet - but I might risk the Wonga on one of these: www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/jimny/snorkels/...snorkel/prod_24.html and just move it's mounting position forward a tad due to the cage - I'd avoided them because I thought they were fibreglass but reading it properly like - they're plastic too!!!

We'll see. The Saga continues!!!

Kirkynut

More
24 Jan 2014 19:41 #101874 by idiotmobil
looks like that would work out ok

JIMNYLESS

More
24 Jan 2014 20:05 #101881 by helijohn

kirkynut wrote: just move it's mounting position forward a tad due to the cage - they're plastic too!!!
Kirkynut

It looks like you might have found a solution. I am trying to work out how the piping gets to the airbox but I'll wait for your fitting pics. ;) :laugh:

More
24 Jan 2014 20:46 #101894 by kirkynut
There's a flexible hose that runs between the outer wing & the inner wing from the snorkel where it pokes through the outer wing to the airbox where it pokes through the inner wing. Well by the looks of it anyways!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds