Search (23 Feb 2018)

A trial enhanced search facility has been enabled. Please use the Google Custom Search above.

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

More
31 May 2018 16:43 #193097 by Daniel30
Ah ok, I see now how that can save a lot of time, yeah I bet they do i bet they think your parking it there for the sake of it :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2018 14:35 - 08 Jun 2018 14:36 #193295 by kirkynut
I have a few changes planned for Daddy's Tractor.

I want to have some spot lights on the front as the current X-Eng cage mounted lights do no more than the standard full beams. I used to have a cheap set of Ring Driving Lams on my SJ and they were superb.

File Attachment:

I am therefore going to buck the trend for LED light bars and go for another set of those at £20 from Halfords! It doesn't matter if they get smashed and they might be longer lasting than cheap LEDs.

I have therefore bought these spot light mounting brackets:

File Attachment:

from here:

Suzuki Jimny Spots light mounting brackets mounts bolt on no drilling led bar
Buy It Now

I had to send a pair back as they were welded wonky but the eBay seller was good and sent me a good pair quickly.

I then plan to put the X-Eng cage mounted lights on the back facing down and wire them to come on with the reversing lamps as my drive can get quite dark and the standard reversing lights don't light the way much.

I'll likely have them switched as well so I can use them as work lights.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=8&
Last edit: 08 Jun 2018 14:36 by kirkynut.

More
08 Jun 2018 14:41 #193296 by S200KYS
(One of mine was slightly wonky too!)

More
08 Jun 2018 15:04 #193297 by kirkynut

S200KYS wrote: (One of mine was slightly wonky too!)

I could have accepted slightly wonky but these were awful! The new ones are quite straight.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum?view=topic&catid=8&

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds