BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:2019 Jimny Bonnet Guards

More
26 Oct 2019 18:45 #215157 by wjamieson
Anyone have experience of before and after fitting the bonnet guard now available at bigjimny shop? Although out of stock at the moment. Giving the boxy shape during the summer there was so much insects splattered on the windscreen it was a massacre every time I drove somewhere. Now with winter coming don't need to worry about beasties but there will be lots of sand and small stones kicking around. The guard will obviously protect the bonnet edge but do they really divert beasties and small stones over the car. I am not convinced about the look but if they do reduce stones and insects from hitting the windscreen then it may be worth it.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2019 19:41 - 26 Oct 2019 19:47 #215160 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:2019 Jimny Bonnet Guards
"Honest Martin Sales" here.

We have one fitted to Gerald the Jimny, which is why I imported the first batch.

We did it for two reasons, bonnet protection and looks. The slab front of the new Jimny is always going to attract wildlife and stones. It certainly protects the bonnet edge and holds up the Jimny looks compared to the local pimped up ford rangers.

However, I don't think I can claim any improvement for the windscreen. Ours is insect holocaust. The only car I have had that's worse was a ford galaxy which, despite the raked bonnet and windscreen, must have had an airflow pattern than fed flying insects straight onto the glass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 26 Oct 2019 19:47 by mlines.

More
26 Oct 2019 19:58 #215161 by wjamieson
Insect holocaust indeed. I carry windscreen wipes in the car and some days in the summer had to clean the windscreen every day. Was hoping you would say "what insects" never mind. Appreciate the feedback.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds