BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Oil leaking on offside rear brakes

More
08 Oct 2019 09:49 #214462 by Jezza
My first post, so Hi to everyone, and thanks in advance for any advice.
My wife's 2007 jimny auto failed last years MOT due to oil leaking on the offside rear brakes. My mechanic replaced the seal where the drive shaft meets the diff, and all was well. About 6 months ago we had two new rear tyres fitted, and it was pointed out to us that, again, oil was leaking over the same offside rear brake. So the same seal was replaced along with the rear brakes.
Had an MOT yesterday, and got the same problem again. Brakes were cleaned and got through the MOT.
My mechanic is a good guy, but he will admit he's not had much experience with Jimnys, working mainly on VAG vehicles.
Is this a common problem on Jimnys, and is there something we're missing? Many thanks for any help from someone who's had the same problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2019 09:52 #214463 by mlines
Change the bearing, the seal is a side effect

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
08 Oct 2019 10:12 #214464 by Jezza
Many thanks for such a speedy reply. Can I buy the bearing on Big jimny? Or does anyone know the part number? Many thanks

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2019 13:52 #214474 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Re:Oil leaking on offside rear brakes
If you click on the Jimny Shop title in this forum you will see what is available. Just looked and they do list a kit for the rear wheel bearing at £65 but it is listed as nil stock. Drop mlines a message and he will help if he can.

More
08 Oct 2019 14:22 #214476 by Jezza
Many thanks mickt, I'll have a look but this k I need a rear axle bearing kit. Thanks again

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2019 15:21 #214479 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Re:Oil leaking on offside rear brakes
Ebay item # 251727136139 worth a look.

More
08 Oct 2019 15:32 #214480 by mlines

mickt wrote: Ebay item # 251727136139 worth a look.

Just be aware that is not an ABS one. The £65 one which is out of stock is ABS, the standard wheel bearing is here...www.bigjimny.com/store/rear-wheel-bearing-kit-suzuki-jimny.html

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds