BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:P2227 code on my jimny

• Marioshooter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2019 20:23 - 15 Sep 2019 21:20 #213554 by Marioshooter
P2227 code on my jimny was created by Marioshooter
Hello recently my jimny 2008 fell of a cliff and flooded. Baaad really bad luck wtf my heart was broken.

After that i resurrect it and it was 2 months of hard technical works and parts findings. Now it looks good but i got this P22227 code witch makes my car lose fire when i accelerate. it is not satisfying. My mechanic told me that its ECU fault and it does not get electrical supply or i dont know where to locate and replace the Barometric sensor if there is one in my 2008 jimny.

My obd2 tells me that this can be cleared by reprogramming the ECU thing that i dont know how to do it.

Help BigJimny
Last edit: 15 Sep 2019 21:20 by Marioshooter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2019 08:54 #213563 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic P2227 code on my jimny
That a barometric sensor failure.

The manual says it is either caused by failure of the sensor (which is bulit into the ECU so its a replacement ECU needed) or its a problem with the MAP sensor. So take a look at the MAP sensor operation first.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
16 Sep 2019 10:38 #213565 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:P2227 code on my jimny
troublecodes.net gives some items to check:

- Damaged, burnt, shorted, disconnected, or corroded wiring and/or connectors
- Clogged catalytic converter(s) and/or mufflers
- Serious exhaust leaks upstream of oxygen -, or NOx sensors
- Defective barometric sensor
- Defective throttle position sensor
- Defective, or contaminated MAF (Mass Airflow) sensor
- Defective manifold pressure sensor
- Defective IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor
-Engine in poor mechanical condition, or the presence of continuous misfire codes on one or more cylinders
- Unmetered air entering the engine
- Failed or failing PCM. Note that this is a rare event, and the fault must be sought elsewhere before any controller is replaced

• Marioshooter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2019 19:59 #213685 by Marioshooter
Replied by Marioshooter on topic P2227 code on my jimny
Hello sir i did checked that MAP sensor by replacing it and still i got that problem. If you know any good friend or dealer that can sell me another ECU it is very welcomed. I hope does not need any reprogramation because it will be harder to get this trouble done.

• Marioshooter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2019 20:01 #213687 by Marioshooter
Replied by Marioshooter on topic Re:P2227 code on my jimny
Hey did troubleshooted enaugh i think the problem persist in a damaged ECU as my OBD2 tells me. Also double checked MAF and MAP by replacig it and still the problem stays. My mechanic did the best before taking the decision of the ne ECU needed.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds