BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

M16A oil and plugs?

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2019 13:20 #213431 by invincible
M16A oil and plugs? was created by invincible
tomorrow we will have finished the conversion from 1.3 to 1.6 and will be turning the key. would the oil volume be the same as the 1.3 engine
at 4.2L? just with slightly larger bore. and what plugs would be recommended , the suzuki swift 1.6, or jimny 1.3? as i have left in the original suzuki swift ones. i didnt think a:huh: :huh: bout this or maybe now just over thinking it.!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Sep 2019 18:11 #213439 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic M16A oil and plugs?
The oil is the same (as its using the Jimny sump/oil pan). 5W30 works well and is light enough to let the engine rev freely.

The spark plugs will all be the same for either engine. Ideally iridium tips, but thats just to make them last longer.

I would advise changing or at least checking the oil/plugs/filter after a few hundred miles on the new engine, just incase theres any dirt got in there when doing the swap.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2019 14:25 #213475 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic M16A oil and plugs?
cheers riccy. nearly had it done today but one of the 1.6 injectors is blowing fuel out, swapped its position in the rail and it did it in the diff position too. grrr!! no car since tuesday or for work next week, new one from germany 3 days. darlo suzuki

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds