BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2019 Jimny Liberty Walk - Help with parts

• majj35
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 10:31 - 08 Sep 2019 11:19 #213281 by majj35
Hey all, needing some help and advice. My brother just purchased a 2019 jimny LB edition and is looking for mods/parts.

Need advice from you, as ive done my searches but still need some feedback and websites to order the parts.

Briefly, he’s looking to add just a little more power, as much as possible. Looking at parts below. Can you please suggest brands/types?

Engine:

-Air filters, K&N?
-ECU upgrade - brand?
-Headers - possible? Brand?
-Fi Exhaust - good?

Exterior/Suspension:

- Lift kit - 2”? Which brand?

-Steering Rod - Raptor 4x4 HD kit?

-Spacers - Eibach 30mm is that good?

-Bullbar - AFN australia?

What else can i do for more power? Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 11:19 by majj35.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2019 12:10 #213285 by Gadget
Forced induction (turbo/super charging) is the obvious way to go for more power, although the 1.5 engine has a high compression ratio as standard so FI wouldn't be that straightforward. All the other bits you've mentioned are unlikely to unlock any tangible gains, but might make it sound more fruity.

Adding weight will kill performance, undoing any gains you achieve elsewhere, so I'd definitely avoid slapping a bullbar on, the ARB weighs over 40kg and I'm not sure if it has EU approval.

With the wheels and tyres you've got fitted, how much room do you have to the edge of the arches? That will determine if you're able to fit spacers. If they make the tread of the tyre extend beyond the arch, then don't fit them.

Without wanting to sound negative, it sounds like your brother is after a beefier, faster car and the Jimny is probably the wrong base car to achieve this.

• majj35
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2019 12:19 #213286 by majj35
Replied by majj35 on topic 2019 Jimny Liberty Walk - Help with parts
Thanks for the feedback. He's not really looking into speed in that way. Just something to give better acceleration response.

Remaining is more focused on better handling, hence the liftkit, rods, and spacers.

The bullbar is just for looks, good point on the EU regulations, might have to check that for UK.

More
08 Sep 2019 15:07 #213288 by mlines
The problem with the new Jimny is that the K15 is a new engine so it does not have the modifying support that some of the M series do through its association with the swift.

A company in Australia is looking for volunteers for their supercharger solution.

The big engine for modifying is the 600cc version with a UK company being big in Japan for doing it. I have spoken to them and they have no plans for the K15 version.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• majj35
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2019 11:12 #213326 by majj35
Thanks Martin. Another question, and this may be far fetched.. I don't have knowledge with Jimny's but I do with classic muscle cars and JDMs.

If I want power, I engine swap. Are there any compatible engine swaps for the new jimnys... just a thought.

More
09 Sep 2019 11:35 #213328 by mlines
Your ahead of the market. I have not heard of anyone swapping out engines yet. I would guess that the change to K series engine (and a new version of that) will mean that it would have to be researched pretty thoroughly for compatibility.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
16 Sep 2019 18:02 #213578 by Rabid Rhino
Hold on...….

Let me just get this right.....

You got that white Jimny in the photos attached to this thread, in the UK, like that !!!!!!!

How ?????
Who from ?
What engine ?
Did it come like that or did you fit all the kit afterwards ?

PS
Awesome !!!

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

More
16 Sep 2019 19:44 #213580 by mlines
A number of suppliers in Japan have done body kits, the modification market for this new jimny is huge there.

There are kits like this one to make it a G-Wagen look-alike and also a Land Rover Defender.

Kits do not leave you much change from £5000 as a starter, although odd parts are cheaper if you want to build up to it.

Martin

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds