BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOKING NOW CLOSED

If you have booked you will shortly receive joining instructions- See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Body Mount Replacement

More
06 Sep 2019 10:01 #213196 by Bazh1
Body Mount Replacement was created by Bazh1
Morning all, I need to repair my body mounts, the ones below the door hinges, what is the best way to do this, it looks like taking the interior out, and cutting the floor, rebuilding and welding it back in from the top.
Has Somebody done this, if so what is the best way.

Thanks In Advance, Barry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Sep 2019 13:11 #213207 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Body Mount Replacement
On the body or the chassis?

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

More
06 Sep 2019 17:13 #213224 by Bazh1
Replied by Bazh1 on topic Body Mount Replacement
The body mounts. The chassis ones are ok atm.

• Riccy
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
06 Sep 2019 17:19 #213225 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Body Mount Replacement
Its in more than one part. The actual floor panel is a pretty simple thing and easy to patch or cut-out and replace for access. Trim/wiring, etc will all need to be out to cut and weld around it. Be aware that the body is supported by this so needs to be strong.

There is a bracket spot welded and glued to the floor panel. That is the part you will need to find/buy/make by the sounds of it. Has a long bolt as part of it which is what bolts the body to the frame (through the rubber bushes).

I dont know if its a part available, but a message to Martin through the bigjimny.com shop should yield results :-)

J999 MNY M16 VVT
R7me gbox & 5.16 Rocklobster, 33" Toyo MT, 2x ARB Locker diffs, 7" lift, Recaro's, etc

SL06 ULS ULYSSES M18 VVT
Pickup/tipper, R7me gbox & 4.3 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB Locker diffs, 4" lift, OMP seats, Poly bushd', Caged, etc

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
05 Oct 2019 17:36 #214366 by gfinlayson
Replied by gfinlayson on topic Body Mount Replacement
I need to replace these on mine too, any idea if the part is available to buy or is it a make your own?? Cheers

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds