BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Idle RPM issue

• MateiBV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Aug 2019 09:03 #211936 by MateiBV
Idle RPM issue was created by MateiBV
Hello,

I have a '99 Jimny, G13BB engine. The issue i'm facing with it is that, at cold start, idle RPMs are normal (under 1000), but as the engine heats, it goes up to 2200. In addition, after a few km trip the "check engine" lit. There is no power loss and I did not see any other side effects. Could anyone advise what to check?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Owl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Aug 2019 07:54 #212642 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Idle RPM issue
85 views and no responses? Theres a few things that can make an idle do that.

Be a good idea to jumper the socket as outlined in workshop manual and check the 'Check Engine Light" flashes for diagnostic stored codes. A good way is to film it on your phone and you can read it over if there is multiple codes. Just did mine today. Prob good to do this first.

Sounds like theres a vacuum leak around the inlet manifold. Check all the smaller vacuum hoses for cracks and deterioration. Check the 4WD vacuum hoses around the inlet manifold. PCV valve and rubbers.

You can lightly spray some carb clean (on a cool engine) around the inlet manifold and listen for rpm changes . NOTE: Not on a very hot engine , could create a fire.

Could be TPS sensor or one of the other sensors. So theres a few things to go on.

More
29 Aug 2019 09:16 #212820 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Idle RPM issue
Could be the Idle Control Valve.

Have you solved his yet?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds