BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suzuki Jimny infotainment unit.

• Crumbs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 15:52 #211036 by Crumbs
Suzuki Jimny infotainment unit. was created by Crumbs
Hello
I have a 2019 kinetic yellow Jimny automatic.

This has the Bosch infotainment screen unit which is great for verbal instructions, radio, hands free phone, SD card and access to smart phone.

The applications come inbuilt.

I have an Android smart phone which limits smart phone access to Auto Android or Mirror link at one time.

What I want to do is to explore replacing the very basic inbuilt navigating package using the SD card with an Android one.

I would also like to explore running a dash cam from the unit.

OK, I had an issue with a USB connection and I contacted Bosh in Stuttgart for help where the unit is sold from who said see your dealer. My dealer took 3 months to try and solve the issue and failed.. I had to do the analysis myself and prove where the faulty part was. If you could not plug an ODB craptop in they were struggling badly.

The bottom line.

Where can I find a help desk which has expertise with the infotainment unit possibilities?
PS Is it an ODB2 in the 2019 Jimny?

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds