BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Connecting the key lock in Jimny 3 rear door to existing door locking mechanism

More
11 Jul 2019 11:23 - 11 Jul 2019 11:25 #210887 by Bosanek
My Jimny 3 was produced in 2012 without a lock in the rear door handle. Imagine that cheapness.

Anyway, I obtained a handle with a lock from another dead Jimny. It also came with a short metal rod which hangs from the lock and which should be connected to something in the rear door locking mechanism.

So the question is - where should I connect this rod inside the rear door to?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 11:25 by Bosanek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
11 Jul 2019 18:04 #210897 by Riccy
I will see if i still have the lock I pictured for you last time you asked about it and get some details tomorrow when Im in the garage...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Andyhereford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 21:22 #210971 by Andyhereford
Not something to do with the internal door handle on the rear doo?. My 2003 Jimny, which has a lock in the rear door handle, also has an internal handle so that the door can be opened from the inside. This handle must of course be able to undo the locking mechanism from the inside. Just an idea.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds