BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

1.6vvt engine swap today!!

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jul 2019 08:09 #210820 by invincible
1.6vvt engine swap today!! was created by invincible
hey all, today is the day the ramp is free so he tells me last night! ive read as much as i can on the swap and been given great info from questions asked so many thanks for those replies. ive a few queries before cracking on with it and some many seem daft so laugh first!

whats the best solution to the water intake for the two engines as its on the front on the jimny? am i best getting a length of hose and clips or is there a better solution?

i have the wiring and ecu that came with the 1.6 should i use that or the existing 1.3 unit?

oils and coolants are same for both engines ? i,m on 5w 40 fully syn .

i hope this goes well i have a job nr carlisle on saturday! cheers Liam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
10 Jul 2019 17:27 #210846 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic 1.6vvt engine swap today!!
Exciting times! A bit late but hope this helps:

Swap over the water intake and thermostat housing from the 1.3 (basically swap everything for the cooling over from the 1.3. It all unbolts pretty easily and swaps over ok).

Keep all the 1.3 wiring loom and ecu (key issues afterwards otherwise).

Same oils

Basically all you want is the block and head from the 1.6. even the sump, oil pickup mushroom and rocker cover needs transferred over.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Aug 2019 13:46 #211712 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic 1.6vvt engine swap today!!
wikid, cheers riccy, mate dropped a gearbox on his hand day before so i,m still with with 1.3 , which is now missing a lot, and cuts out breifly when idling, also the 4x4 light is flashing and i cant get it out of 4wd, so yesterday was a bad one!!

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2019 14:40 #213358 by invincible
Weve been on it today , its out and hanging draining the oil, a full day tomorrow and see how far we get I hope it starts!! Looking forward to part swapping and playing tommow .
Attachments:

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2019 20:41 #213419 by invincible
went well today, took alot of time getting the parts all swapped over , and the oil nipple took some heating and notch to get out. when drained the oil found a piece of metal from one of the shells! its back in and gearbox needs bolting on, then is all the wiring and starter motor and alt. continuing on friday,

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2019 21:18 #213421 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic 1.6vvt engine swap today!!
Good work :)

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds