BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Flashing 4WD Light Confusion

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
08 Jul 2019 03:41 #210758 by zukebob
Had the opportunity to reconnect the vacuum system while capping the hub lines only. The short story is it appears that 2014 and later Jimnys require the vacuum system connected when using manual hubs. The method of fooling the controller by shorting the vacuum switch doesn't work. There has obviously been a change to the controller architecture so that it is receiving additional input. With the switch reconnected and the lines capped at the hubs, the transfer operates as normal.

I hope someone ultimately benefits from my stubborn stupidity. I will be creating a separate thread since most people searching the forum for this information will likely do it with AVM or 'manual hubs' as keywords. I will also post the updated transfer case document in that thread.

Thanks again Lambert.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Jul 2019 04:13 #210761 by Lambert
Welcome as ever. Glad you have sorted it out.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds