BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen3 power output and emissions

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 May 2019 06:34 - 11 May 2019 07:00 #207706 by Lambert
I have been looking at the two co2 figures for Dreadnaught and the newest addition and there's a bit of an improvement over time like about 7 or so. I also seem to remember reading that over the life of the m13a it's power output varied but i can't remember where. So I rang Suzuki UK who no longer have a customer facing technical department? They instead refer one to the dealer network. I contacted my second closest and asked their service manager for comment. They were insistent that the gen3 m13a remained unaltered throughout production which seems at odds with the industry norm of continuing development especially on emissions? Is there a definitive list of outputs and emissions that we know of?

Thanks in advance.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
Last edit: 11 May 2019 07:00 by Lambert. Reason: Splengil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2019 07:47 #207715 by Scimike
Sorry can't help with the output list, but I did think that the service manager comments could be a half truth. It's unlikely the physical engine has remained unchanged, but in these days of EFI manufacturers can play with the "tune" to meet or dodge (thanks VW) emissions. Is it possible different maps exist for the EFI?
Not sure if asking this question as well would result in a different answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 May 2019 08:08 #207717 by Lambert
Thing is so far I have found evidence that the outputs vary between 80 and 86 over time. I have also found that even the government figures are errant as they are quoting the pre 2009 jlx figures for the post sz4 model. There is little hope.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds