BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 VVTS Engine Management Light

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
  • Thank you received: 650
  • Gen 3 Jimny GV (2010) Gen 3 Jimny
04 May 2019 14:21 #207287 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Yes you do. A engine management light is an immediate mot failure, so what else have they not picked up on? As to the light itself it's easy to buy a sub 20 quid code reader and get a code that will tell you what is wrong with it. It's also easy and cheap for a garage to do a code scan and tell you what is wrong. Either way I would be very unhappy about it having passed a test with the light on.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
05 May 2019 04:40 #207335 by Lambert

Lambert wrote: Welcome to the forum. Yes you do. A engine management light is an immediate mot failure, so what else have they not picked up on? As to the light itself it's easy to buy a sub 20 quid code reader and get a code that will tell you what is wrong with it. It's also easy and cheap for a garage to do a code scan and tell you what is wrong. Either way I would be very unhappy about it having passed a test with the light on.

This was in response to a post regarding a Jimny that was running fine and had just recently been through the mot but had the eml warning light on and was wondering what the problem could be..

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

• Thank you received: 0
08 May 2019 18:01 #207549 by Itsajoke
Sorry mate, i got it all wrong, checked all my records including MOT and it passed with flying colours..

Please do not judge someone who is new to driving and just new to having a Jimny, and just to say we all have to start some where. SO HELL IS WHERE I WILL START!

Cheers once again for what you said and i will not be returning!

• Lambert
    Registered
08 May 2019 19:03 #207557 by Lambert

Itsajoke wrote: Sorry mate, i got it all wrong, checked all my records including MOT and it passed with flying colours..

Please do not judge someone who is new to driving and just new to having a Jimny, and just to say we all have to start some where. SO HELL IS WHERE I WILL START!

Cheers once again for what you said and i will not be returning!

Confused? You said initially that you had an issue with the vehicle having its engine light being on and that it was on during a mot test? Is it that the light has come on subsequently to the test?

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds