BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 VVTS Engine Management Light

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 May 2019 14:21 #207287 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Yes you do. A engine management light is an immediate mot failure, so what else have they not picked up on? As to the light itself it's easy to buy a sub 20 quid code reader and get a code that will tell you what is wrong with it. It's also easy and cheap for a garage to do a code scan and tell you what is wrong. Either way I would be very unhappy about it having passed a test with the light on.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
05 May 2019 04:40 #207335 by Lambert

Lambert wrote: Welcome to the forum. Yes you do. A engine management light is an immediate mot failure, so what else have they not picked up on? As to the light itself it's easy to buy a sub 20 quid code reader and get a code that will tell you what is wrong with it. It's also easy and cheap for a garage to do a code scan and tell you what is wrong. Either way I would be very unhappy about it having passed a test with the light on.

This was in response to a post regarding a Jimny that was running fine and had just recently been through the mot but had the eml warning light on and was wondering what the problem could be..

• Itsajoke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 18:01 #207549 by Itsajoke
Replied by Itsajoke on topic 2005 VVTS Engine Management Light
Sorry mate, i got it all wrong, checked all my records including MOT and it passed with flying colours..

Please do not judge someone who is new to driving and just new to having a Jimny, and just to say we all have to start some where. SO HELL IS WHERE I WILL START!

Cheers once again for what you said and i will not be returning!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
08 May 2019 19:03 #207557 by Lambert

Itsajoke wrote: Sorry mate, i got it all wrong, checked all my records including MOT and it passed with flying colours..

Please do not judge someone who is new to driving and just new to having a Jimny, and just to say we all have to start some where. SO HELL IS WHERE I WILL START!

Cheers once again for what you said and i will not be returning!

Confused? You said initially that you had an issue with the vehicle having its engine light being on and that it was on during a mot test? Is it that the light has come on subsequently to the test?

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds