BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOK NOW (BOOKING CLOSES EARLY OCTOBER!!) - CLICK HERE

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Removing the Spare Wheel & Mount on a Gen 4 2019 Jimny: Now a Cleanskin!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 May 2019 10:32 #209176 by Lambert
Have you tried a chandlers for the bolts might be a bit more expensive but not like importing from the UK?

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
30 May 2019 18:43 - 31 May 2019 13:05 #209268 by GeorgeC
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 May 2019 13:05 by GeorgeC. Reason: Cleanskin

More
05 Jun 2019 09:02 - 05 Jun 2019 14:08 #209635 by GeorgeC

Lambert wrote: Have you tried a chandlers for the bolts might be a bit more expensive but not like importing from the UK?

Thank You Lambert for your suggestion!
However, today I got 4 bolts (10mm/1.25mmX20mm) with chrome 16mm hex heads, from the local bolt & nut wholesaler. For only $5, they look real nice! The 8mm "O" rings under the bolt heads protect the paint. ;) I'll keep the original bolts with the wheel mount. :)

"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."
www.aveoforum.com/forum/f118/seniors-jim...-suzuki-jimny-23477/
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 14:08 by GeorgeC. Reason: better English

More
05 Jun 2019 16:16 #209665 by Caelite
I don't mean to sound negative, but, have you considered seeking some further tuition for reversing? Not sure how the situation is in Australia, but in the UK it isn't uncommon for driving instructors to offer refresher lessons to folk who are struggling with aspects of their driving. Based on what you said about the situation you had in the shop car park this, in my opinion, seems suitable for you.

The Jimny is a really easy car once you get used to it, my advice, coming from driving trucks & vans, is to try & learn to use the big square side mirrors rather than the rear view, once you are used to them I find it far easier to reverse using them rather than turning my head.

205/75r15 General Grabber AT3s, 40mm spacer lift, 15x6 ET5 steel modulars, Ignis Recaros, Green Stuff pads, Osram Nightbreaker bulbs
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
05 Jun 2019 20:29 - 07 Jun 2019 21:26 #209682 by GeorgeC
Caelite, thank you for reading my topic, for understanding where I am having difficulties and for your reply.

I do find the Jimny much easier to drive and easier to reverse than the Aveo/Barina it replaced. See: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...p-received-thank-you
I was medically assessed as "OK to drive the Jimny" in February so I will continue driving until the next assessment in November. In the meantime, should a suitable driver training program become available I will certainly consider it. :)

A fresh Thumbnail, below:

"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."
www.aveoforum.com/forum/f118/seniors-jim...-suzuki-jimny-23477/
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 21:26 by GeorgeC. Reason: Edit complete.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds