BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear speakers for Gen4?

More
05 Feb 2019 12:28 #202607 by Gadget
I've spotted the cutouts for additional speakers in the back side panels of the new model, but haven't had the time (or found the bravery!) to start pulling the trim apart.

Has anyone managed to get the trim off? Need to know how hard it is and if there are mounting points and cables already in place or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 18:49 #202626 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
I am sure I have seen a picture with the panels removed as I remember it made me smile in that it was the same as GEN3, ie hole, no speaker but cables. I could not understand why Suzuki was still not fitting these speakers.
I could be wrong (often) and now can not find the picture or its location on the web,....sorry. You may have to be first at trim pulling:(

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
05 Feb 2019 19:21 #202628 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
Look up Darren from KAP (instagram i think). he is converting one into a pickup and has stripped the back out. pics are there so may give some pointers...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
05 Feb 2019 22:57 - 06 Feb 2019 05:38 #202650 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
It appears the speakers in the new one are just as bad as the old. Mine are blown already, and I listen at moderate volumes.

I did find a video a while back, but silly me didn't bookmark it. It looks a lot easier to remove the rear trim, and the seats don't need to be removed.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 05:38 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
09 Feb 2019 15:16 - 09 Feb 2019 15:17 #202857 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
Pulled the trim off earlier (well, at least the top of it, to have a look behind). Nowhere to mount speakers as standard, doh!

Japanese accessory catalogue lists brackets for rear speaker install (99197-77R10) and 13cm Pioneer Speakers to fit with correct wiring harness (99000-79BJ0-R00).

Found these pics online:

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 15:17 by Gadget.

• Skinner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2019 11:15 #210355 by Skinner
Replied by Skinner on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
Doable also DIY. Managed to fit rear speakers easily with plywood/”compressed wood” brackets. Couldn’t wait for OEM kit. I’ll attach a pic later. Those wiring kits from speaker to plug can be found on basic car supply stores. Not the prettiest, but does the job. Also installed missing basic 12v socket on its place in the back.
https://forums.offipalsta.com/picture.php?albumid=8731&pictureid=221337

Additionally once removing back seat, watch if there are wires for backseat harness alarm? as mine had, so don’t just pull the seat out.
https://forums.offipalsta.com/picture.php?albumid=8731&pictureid=221336

More
  • Skinner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2019 20:26 #210387 by Skinner
Replied by Skinner on topic Rear speakers for Gen4?
Yep, very familiar with that, but out of stock and no suppliers up here so no can do. Needed rear speakers and got them. Would recommend the OEM kit though.

More
27 Jun 2019 20:31 #210388 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Rear speakers for Gen4?
Temporary out of stock as Suzuki shipped the last batch incomplete, so waiting for the missing bits to arrive

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds