BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SJ41X transfer box bushes on a Jimny transfer box

More
05 Feb 2019 06:34 #202593 by Bosanek
I have a Jimny with electrically operated transfer box.

I got a trio of spare transfer box mounts, manufactured by Suzuki Maruti in India, part number 29610-83001.

I checked the compatibility of that part number in OEM Suzuki catalogue yesterday, and found out that those transfer box bushes are not meant for Jimnys, but for various editions of SJ410s and SJ413s.

Now, my questions are:

Does anyone know for certain from practice that these transfer box bushes P.N. 29610-83001 will suit my transfer box just fine?

Also, according to the catalogues, one of three transfer box bushes should be different to the other two (both for SJ41Xs and for Jimnys), but I got all three mutually identical. Is that an issue in practice?

P.S.: I had bought this trio from an online store in UK which at the time assured me that, although made in India, these transfer box bushes will suit a Jimny just fine. I did not bother to check the actual official compatibility of the part number then. The store's claim might be correct, so I do not want to name them to avoid a misunderstanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Feb 2019 06:57 #202595 by Lambert
I have not yet needed to replace mine but from reading about rocklobster and mini lobster transplants there seems to be a degree of interchangeability between gen2 and gen3 for the mounts so the inference is that the bushes should be ok. I'm sure others will be able to clarify.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Feb 2019 07:57 - 05 Feb 2019 12:55 #202598 by yakuza
My garage is full of SJ parts.. When i changed my bushings back to original from rubbish ebay ones I think i kind of got the Jimny ones all confused with the SJ ones. There seemed to be a thread difference but i did not look into it so much as i found nuts that fit all of the ones i put on the car..
Looks just the same for me at least but i did not take any measurements.

edit: Ahh and yes one of them is sometimes a bit narrower, more rectangular, than the others but I have not bothered too much with that.
They all seem to fit ok.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2019 12:55 by yakuza.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:30 #202674 by Bosanek
Thank you for the reassurances.

I have just also been reassured by the store from which I had bought the bushes (Jimnybits.co.uk) that these SJ bushes are practically the same ones as the Jimny 3 bushes, and even that the transfer box bushes on the new Jimny 4 are still practically the same ones.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds