BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Stick change 4WD system - dashboard lights

More
14 Jan 2019 20:55 #200753 by PHB1969
Hi - I’m looking for a Jimny and have driven a 4 so far - one stick change with no 4wd lights at all, 2 with audible hub engagement and green 4wd light when in 4wd H and one push button selector which wouldn’t go into 4wd L from 4wd H.

My question is should there be a change in dashboard lights for a stick selector model when going from 4wd H to 4wd L please?

Many thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2019 23:08 #200763 by Busta
No. The 4wd light will come on when you select 4H and stays on when you select 4L. There is no separate light to indicate low range.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Jan 2019 05:04 #200772 by Lambert
When you were testing out the push button one did you have your foot on the brake and the clutch fully disengaged when you tried for 4lo?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Jan 2019 17:58 #200809 by PHB1969
Tbh, I can’t remember. I asked the seller how it should engage and he didn’t know, so almost think he knew it was problematic.

More
15 Jan 2019 17:59 #200810 by PHB1969

Busta wrote: No. The 4wd light will come on when you select 4H and stays on when you select 4L. There is no separate light to indicate low range.

Thank you for confirming

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds