BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

AVM738

More
29 Dec 2018 09:25 #199608 by adrianr
AVM738 was created by adrianr
Does anyone have any experience of this hub?

Have been looking for Aisin for a few days without success. My front hubs are not engaging despite the green 4wd light doing its thing. Rather than fault find I want to fit manual free wheeling hubs.

The AVM 438 HP looks reasonable and just came across the AVM 738 which looks more robust.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2018 10:26 #199610 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic AVM738
The AVM738 will be labeled for the Jimny but that is only because the SJ series (samurai, sierra) was named the Jimny in a number of market areas. They are actually for the older SJ series. Like the Aisin, they should work on your Jimny if you use a spacer, but can't guarentee it. The AVM hub normally used for your Jimny is the AVM457. It isn't made in an "extreme performance" version.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianr

More
29 Dec 2018 11:01 #199614 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic AVM738
I got AVM457HP with the red centre from Jimnybits, apparently they were supplied in error by AVM and they said it was easier just to keep them, rather than return for exchange. Russell was just selling them as normal AVM457, as that is what they cost him.

Give him a shout, they might still be in stock.......

sniper

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
29 Dec 2018 12:12 #199620 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:AVM738
K&s mckenzie sell the 457hp (red) ones for £110 + vat/delivery ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds