BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Has anybody replaced there sills with box section?

• Jimny1990
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2018 15:17 #199399 by Jimny1990
Afternoon
My sills are looking a little tatty. I was thinking of replacing them with box section to make rock siders.

Has anybody tried this on a jimny before? Do you any pictures if you have ?
This is a common mod for discoverys.

Thank
Happy christmas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2018 15:43 #199400 by jackonlyjack
Yes it has been done by many
you'll get more luck asking on facebook idon't think i've seen any on here done
www.facebook.com/groups/646389752148354/

• Jimny1990
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2018 16:02 #199402 by Jimny1990
Thanks.
I would look it i had facebook mate haha

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2018 00:01 #199517 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Has anybody replaced there sills with box section?
Many, many, many years ago, I had a school hols job at a local garage ‘helping’ the mechanics and pumping petrol (pumps didn’t have auto cutoff in those days, and in a, not uncommon, power cut, the cranking handle was dug out for manual pumping..
I was a handsome teenage lad in those days, and the old dears would often press a suspiciously warm shilling (5p in modern money) in my palm as a tip along with a knowing look (well, they knew what the look meant - me, I wouldn’t have a clue for a rew more years)
Anyway, I digress.
One day, Mike the mechanic called me over to an A40 van he was MOT testing. “Dodgy one here” he said.
The sills were coated thick with a black sticky bitumen.
He poked the sill with a screwdriver...it went straight through.
Scraped the black stuff away, and lo and behold...the sills had indeed been replaced with box sections...only these were made by Kellogs....

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds