BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Intermittent cutting out

• Rob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2018 16:10 #196663 by Rob
Intermittent cutting out was created by Rob
Hi there. Advice needed: my 52 plate Jimmy "Beavis" has developed an annoying intermittent problem.
It starts and runs fine until I drive at 60 for more than a ingouii minutes when the engine starts cutting out, then running and cutting out. The immobilizer light comes on during this.
If I stop and turn the Engine off the fault seems to go away and then will reoccur under the same circumstances.
The ECU reports a Lambda bank one fault which I have changed and reset to no effect.
I am thinking that the problem is either a main or fuel pump relay but I'd appreciate any other ideas or if this has happened to anyone else.
Cheers!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2018 18:58 #196666 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Intermittent cutting out
How many is ingouii minutes?

• Rob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2018 23:12 #196685 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Intermittent cutting out
Dunno. It should say in a few minutes!

More
12 Oct 2018 05:35 #196692 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Intermittent cutting out
Mine does this after the stupid owner disconnected the ECU-bluetooth adapter while the car was running. Most likely released some of the smoke inside the ECU.

Mine only runs if the bluetooth adapter is hooked in now.
Can't even drive for ingouii minutes before it starts to cough and then cuts off completely :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds