BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fitting Heavy Duty Transfer Box Mounting Brackets fitting problem

More
19 Sep 2018 09:37 #196113 by bryn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust started to fit Suzuki Jimny Heavy Duty Transfer Box Mounting Brackets + Poly Bush Mounts as per

And the bolts and poly bush mounts seem too big ie there are 4 of these bushes and they seem to mount the box too high. Has anyone got any experience of fitting these that could help please.

bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2018 10:23 - 19 Sep 2018 10:25 #196115 by yakuza
from top to bottom:

nut
washer
rubber bush
bracket
rubber bush (check the height of this one compared to the original mounts.)
frame
rubber bush
washer
bolt

On one of them you may need to fit the bolt/nut the other way if it touches the floor.
Should be min. M10 bolts and nylock nuts, my kit came with too thin bolts and no lock nuts so i will make this myself the next time.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 10:25 by yakuza.

More
19 Sep 2018 11:32 #196117 by bryn
Cheers now make sense.

bryn

More
19 Sep 2018 11:36 #196119 by yakuza
Made these myself for my SJ wich is basically the same set up. I made them so I could raise the transfer box to get a flat belly underneath. If the bushings deviate from the original too much you may get driveline vibrations..
Like i did when i raised it unevenly. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
29 Sep 2018 19:55 #196364 by bryn
I’ve now fitted these and I’m very pleased with the fit and cost,

bryn

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds