BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

What Brand of Rear Wiper Blade?

More
30 Aug 2018 12:05 #195562 by theoldseacaptain
Not the exactly the most technical of topic!

I have recently replaced my unbranded rear wiper blade with a Bosch 11" universal blade, however it seems that the blade is too rigid to follow the slight curve of the rear window!! Ive compared it to a Valeo blade, which seems to be the same and obviously don't want to go buying more blades that will be the same......

What brand of rear wiper blade works??

Thanks

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2018 14:09 #195572 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic What Brand of Rear Wiper Blade?
I had the same problem. The only wiper I found that would clear the screen properly was a genuine Suzuki one. Not expensive and no frustration.

More
30 Aug 2018 14:32 #195573 by jackonlyjack

More
30 Aug 2018 15:26 #195575 by yakuza
I never use my rear wipers on any car..
They only scratch the windows as the rear collects too much sand.
I have been thinking about removing it and use the hole for a CB antenna.

Sorry if this i is too off topic :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
30 Aug 2018 21:24 - 30 Aug 2018 21:26 #195588 by Scimike
I replaced mine with one from Halfords. Can't remember if it was Bosch or Halfords own brand (Velo), but which ever it has no issues following the very slight curve on the rear window. I do recall I had to try a few as the one listed on the computer system did not fit the arm, it was too wide.
Trial and error with the staff found one that fitted.
You can also try it outside the store and if you are not happy with the way it follows the window shape ask for a refund.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 30 Aug 2018 21:26 by Scimike.

More
31 Aug 2018 16:29 #195616 by theoldseacaptain
The Bosch one and trail fit the Valeo was Halfords, so maybe changed supplier / specs unfortunately.

Did you need to fit a 107 arm Jack? From what I found its a special blade??

Failing that it looks like it will be a trip to Suzuki!

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!

More
31 Aug 2018 18:05 #195618 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2018 12:01 #195666 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic Re:What Brand of Rear Wiper Blade?
I had the same issue with a Bosch blade. I took a couple of mins and dismantled the old blade, reclaimed the metal strips and swapped them out on the new Bosch blade. Bit of a minor faff but I wanted it sorted. I’ll probably grab a Suzuki one next time to save any hassle.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds