BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Building a roof cage!

More
27 Aug 2018 19:14 #195475 by eddlane
Hi gang,

After just getting my first Jimny (Bob) I’ve got a list of things I want to do, one of which is get rid of the roof rails and replace it with a roof box cage dude, I googled them and they cost a lot of pennies and the design isn’t quite what I want, I did see a picture on here of one I like that someone had built, I’ve knicked it so credit goes to that owner and their jimny, I’m going to weld my own up similar to this.

Just wondering if anyone has done similar and if they wouldn’t mind sharing some pictures for inspiration in particular the feet that bolt onto the roof?

Hope I’ve posted in the right place

Thanks again
Edd

Bob - 2005 Jimny - standard, for now.....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2018 10:13 #195488 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Building a roof cage!
Hi eddlane I have a discovery roof rack with custom brackets on mine, I'm on holiday at the moment and can take some photos on Thursday, if I forget give me a nudge ;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Aug 2018 10:17 #195490 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Building a roof cage!

Daniel30 wrote: Hi eddlane I have a discovery roof rack with custom brackets on mine, I'm on holiday at the moment and can take some photos on Thursday, if I forget give me a nudge ;)

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-dan-s-blueish-black

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
28 Aug 2018 16:59 #195498 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Building a roof cage!
Heres my effort...

Made from galv eletrical conduit (as im an electrician and have a bender to suit it :-) ). The basket comes off the rails so i can use just them if i want. Makes a fair wind noise without the lightbar at the front (now stolen lightbar :evil: )

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
29 Aug 2018 13:42 #195529 by eddlane
Replied by eddlane on topic Building a roof cage!
What a beauty, cheers gents.

Yeh I think mine will be basic box steel, if I had a pipe bender I may go down that route!

Wind noise, thats something I hadn't considered!

Bob - 2005 Jimny - standard, for now.....

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds