BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2011 NON VTT transfer case (manual gearbox)

• fransolis94
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Aug 2018 23:46 #195392 by fransolis94
2011 NON VTT transfer case (manual gearbox) was created by fransolis94
hi! i am looking on buying a trail gear transfer reduction kit (17% high and 87 low) , does the transfer gear case the same for all manual box jimny or does it change between VVT and NON VTT (my jimny is from Costa Rica Central America) VTT jimnys were not sold here.

i friend of mine bought the kit for a new 2018 jimny manual transmission and the reduction kit didn't work, instead of lowering it got faster, could it be that newer jimnys comes with automatic transmission transfer case?

any help is well received!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2018 14:09 - 24 Aug 2018 14:12 #195411 by yakuza
In european markets they differ between push button and non push button. Here the non VVT m13a has the same transfere as the G13 cars.

1999-2000 has the G13 and handle transfer case (sold until 2003 in Norway)
2001-2004 has m13 non VVT and handle transfer case (in norway this is only the 2004 model)
2005 and newer m13 VVT has push buttons transfere.

also difference between auto and manual gearbox on push button transfer so you cannot use the gear sets in those without changing the chain but this is well explained in the kit.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Aug 2018 14:12 by yakuza.

More
25 Aug 2018 02:37 #195418 by zukebob
If I understand you correctly, your market area (Costa Rica) doesn't get the VVT version of the M13. The same is true here in the Philippines. Even through this year the M13 in the Jimny is a non-VVT.

Due to differences in market areas, I can only give you a partial answer. As you will see in the image I am attaching, the Global Suzuki website used to show both the non-VVT and the VVT versions of the Jimny specifications. At the top of the columns where it lists "Engine", the non-VVT is the one with (*2). Going down the columns (I can add an image that shows transmission/transfer info if you want) it indicates that all of the ratios are identical.

So my partial answer is that the transfer cases in new Jimnys, whether VVT or non-VVT, SHOULD be the same. With all of the confusing differences in market areas, I'm just not going to guarantee it.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds