BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny 2017 manual transmission weak air conditioning

• adrian-herscu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2018 15:18 #195089 by adrian-herscu
Hi all,

I own a Jimny 2017 with manual transmission. Bought it new. The car has a dark green color.
I live in Israel. As you may know, the temperatures here are quite high during the summer, especially in desert areas.
During my first trip to the Judean Desert I noticed that the air conditioning is weak. So weak that we had to open the windows!
Usually, the air conditioning works quite well, though not freezing.
However, during slow climbs on steep hills in the middle of the desert with a friend or two in the car, the air conditioning just stops working and warm air flows out the vents.
Is this a known limitation, or just my car has some issue?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Aug 2018 16:54 #195092 by Riccy
A/C is disengaged when in 4x4 low (possibly in 4x4 high as well? other will know better).

Could this explain the issue you have? It should be possible to bypass this in some fashion (for example mine does work, but i have totally disconnected the original 4x4 controller and use maual hubs and manual t-box).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• adrian-herscu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2018 18:30 #195098 by adrian-herscu
Replied by adrian-herscu on topic jimny 2017 manual transmission weak air conditioning
Well... when climbing steep hills the vehicle must be in 4x4 low otherwise it won't climb :)
However, when running in on flatland, even in 4x4 low in 5th gear, the AC works as usual. Not fantastic, but better than nothing.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds